• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Englanders can handle it [I hope ...]

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Could be the worst northeast blizzard in recent history.

stock-footage-a-blizzard-warning-sign.jpg

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news...al-Storm-Could-Bring-Noreaster-289682371.html

Winds over 50mph, 20-30" snow plus drifting, sustained heavy snow for at least a 12 hour period, power outages.

eek

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I'm in Boston right now. Just heard on the news that there could be wind gusts exceeding 80mph on the cape.
At this point I'm guessing that my flight home on Wednesday may not happen.

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
I'm in Boston right now. Just heard on the news that there could be wind gusts exceeding 80mph on the cape.
At this point I'm guessing that my flight home on Wednesday may not happen.

I am taking bets that you know of what you speak.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

Keith_M

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I've got a snowblower you can borrow. It's 45 F here! Weird...

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
There's word that this will equal the blizzard of '78. That's the winter convincing me to GET MY ARSE TO FLORIDA!!!

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Hey doc I'm stuck here in Beantown. It could be worse as I'm here with my son, his wife, and two little new grandkids.
I did a beer and wine run this morning so all is good!

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Gov. of Mass just declared a state of emergency.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I wonder when you'll be able to get out of there, Elliot.

As per Doc, I remember the winter of 1978 in Chicago... with something like 100" of snow (with frozen people appearing in piles during the Spring).

About 60F and unseasonably warm here. :wink-new:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Hoping to fly out on Wednesday assuming things are back to normal.

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
There's word that this will equal the blizzard of '78. That's the winter convincing me to GET MY ARSE TO FLORIDA!!!

Yep. Left in '79 Florida bound then to New Mexico in '96. We have snow bot never really bad and doesn't last for months on end. I wouldn't go back to MA. Love NM.

G

Exactly, someone with a brain who didn't have to freeze twice...

Oh the irony of what they say about suthreners .:laugh: :winner1:

Seriously, you guys up there gotta be crazy. I gotta idea, aughta hold a rally in that kinda weather.....:laugh:

AN5Sprite

Jedi Knight
I'll admit, tomorrow might be the first storm this year that forces me to wear pants/boots while I run the snowblower, instead of the shorts/crocs I usually wear.

But freeze... ever ? No. Overheat, yes. Anything above 68 is torture for me.