• NOTICE: This "Forum Navigation Questions" forum is only for asking questions related to navigating this web site. DO NOT post car-related questions here., For car-related questions, use the appropriate marque-related forum.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Mac OS X Maverick

Rob Glasgow

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Not sure this is the right place for this post. I thought there was a Apple group as part of the BCF but I can't locate. Anyway, I just installed Mac Maverick OS X 10.9.3 on my iMac. So far not happy with the results. Everything takes longer to open and many options from 10.6 are missing. But I doubt I can go back.
My question is when I used to look at a new post on BCF the title of the post was dark blue. Once I looked at the post, it became light blue, showing that I had read the latest post. Now it stays blue until I leave to Forum and come back in later. I know this is a minor issue, but I was hoping someone had a solution.

Rob Glagsow

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Apple's Safari can be a bit overzealous in it's caching of web pages. If you go into a thread to read it and then use the back button (or swipe) to go back to the list, it will often not refresh the page. Hit Command-R to refresh the page and the titles will update.

I've been running Mavericks on my two Macs (work laptop, home mini) since it came out. In general I like it, though I have noticed some speed issues with my Mac Mini. Things take longer to open then they should. My work Macbook doesn't have that issue, but it's a new machine with lots of RAM and a solid state drive. I'm hoping the upcoming new OS version will help with some of the speed issues, but we'll have to see.

Apple's updates have generally been pretty good about getting quicker, not slower -- until Mavericks that is. I'm hoping it's just an anomaly and they'll have it sorted out with the next release.