• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Anchorage 1970's photos...

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Was just referenced to this website, with some great images of Alaska, with that definite period feel to it...

https://www.cysewski.com/wia/70anchorage/index.html

And if you have lots of time to waste, there is far more on the site too...

Minneapolis/St. Paul (1970's)

Vancouver/Victoria (1980's)

Plus other cities from more recent years, you'll have to explore that on your own and figure out the links

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
James,

Thank You!Way too much to handle!I remember when,back in
the early '70's,if you had a Toyota,you were in an exclsive club.
Then there's the Vega GT wagon,& the "Anchorage Grand Prix",which
I remember from an old Satch Carlson article.

- Doug

Moseso

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Thanks Sherlock!
I moved to St. Paul in '87. The '70s pics are a treat.
There were some shots of a place I used to play -- way back before I ever did that.

D

Deleted member 8987

Been there.
Walked those streets.
Cars look no better now than then.

jsneddon

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Wow!

Thanks for the link James.

I've got to dig through all the circa 1997 navigation and figure out who this guy is.

Stylistically it is as if this guy and I were wandering around shooting the same things that would catch my eye back in the days when I was young and dumb and thought nothing of burning through 100 feet of bulk-loads in a month.

Commercially un-viable, artistically questionable to the "critics" (feh...), and taken just for the pure joy of seeing.

Story of my life.

:devilgrin:

I like it!

OP
Sherlock

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
jsneddon said:
Wow!

Thanks for the link James.

I've got to dig through all the circa 1997 navigation and figure out who this guy is.

Stylistically it is as if this guy and I were wandering around shooting the same things that would catch my eye back in the days when I was young and dumb and thought nothing of burning through 100 feet of bulk-loads in a month.

Commercially un-viable, artistically questionable to the "critics" (feh...), and taken just for the pure joy of seeing.

Story of my life.

:devilgrin:

I like it!

And if you didn't notice Jim, this guy is on Flickr as well, just search his rather massive site and you'll find the link...

GaryBeu

Banned
I moved to Anchorage in 1957 when I was 10 years old. Graduated High School there and worked in the area until 2007 when we moved to Kentucky. Thanks for the link...it brings back memories. Sure am glad to be "From" Alaska though... we don't miss the weather!!