• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Princess

Nate

Freshman Member
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gifHi! new member to the forum. Any of you guys got an austin princess?

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
What kind of Princess?

A) the limo
B) the Farina 3 Litre
C) the Farina 4 Litre R
D) the 1100/1300 Princess
E) the 1970's wedge Princess (looks like you're from England)

One word, so many meanings... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Anyway don't have one but some good friends of mine in Ontario have a nice LHD Princess 3 Litre, as sold new in Canada.

And while we're on this topic... Anyone want a Princess 4 Litre R? There's one for sale near Sault Ste Marie, Ontario, never seen it but I know it's a driver.

BOXoROCKS

Jedi Knight
The 3 litre princess are not called austins, they are called Princess 3 litre Mk1, Mk11, Van den Plas. Sorry just being picky

OP
N

Nate

Freshman Member
i meant the 18-22 series wedge! I was bidding on one on ebay, but didn't win the auction /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nonod.gif
i'm still looking for one though, so if there's anyone who knows of one that going cheap in the yorkshire are please let me know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
the other project i've got going at the moment is a 1989 f reg maestro van, that's going to get a 1.8 golf gti engine on webber 44s transplanted into it over the summer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

catfood

Jedi Knight
Used to own the one shown in the link. Thats me 18 years ago with the Jolly Green Giant. It was my first car, I could just about fit all my worldly goods in it when I went to university. I would regularly push it to its limit (it didn't take much doing, it was only 1700cc) around the country lanes of Hampshire, Bat Out of heck blaring out of the crappy stereo, while on the way to visit my girlfried (now wife). It certainly wasn't exactly a babe magnet but its all a poor student could afford.

The Jolly Green Giant (aka the Vomit Comet)...

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Nate said: i meant the 18-22 series wedge! I was bidding on one on ebay, but didn't win the auction /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nonod.gif

i'm still looking for one though, so if there's anyone who knows of one that going cheap in the yorkshire are please let me know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Did see one this past September in Toronto (Canada) of all places, it was the short-lived 1975 Wolseley version of the wedge complete with right-hand-drive, obviously a private import by someone, there was a for sale sign in the window... have the phone number.

And as a second thought, I know that the Princess wedge models aren't generally well-loved as much as other British cars but I would think there's likely a club for them over in your part of the world that might help point you in the right direction.

Super 7

Jedi Warrior
I really really like the 1100/1300 Princess, except for no stick shift and RHD only.

Of course I like the Austin America too, except that so many have rusted away or been raided to put big engines in Mini's there are not many decent ones around.