• This "National Events" forum is expressly for posting national events that would be of interest to British car enthusiasts. You post an event in the same way that you would post a regular thread. Be sure your event post includes:
    • Title of the Event
    • Location of Event
    • Date(s) of the Event
    • Point of contact for Event
    • Website, Facebook Link, etc., if available
    IMPORTANT: Be sure to add the event to our Events Calendar. It's easy - WATCH VIDEO to learn how.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

sd rolling british car day

mopease

anyone attending this on april 17th? anyone interested in forming a caravan if one hasn't already been formed? i'm in south orange county. we need more lbc gtg's out here in the west. seems the east and midwest have several a month.
driving.gif

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
We went last year and had a great time. We have every intention of going again this year.

We drove with friends who also live in South County and they'll probably want to go again too. I'm sure we can arrange a rendezvous.

PC.

rolling.jpg

[ 03-02-2004: Message edited by: PC ]</p>

OP
mopease

mopease

that sounds great. keep me up to date with the rendezvous coordinates. that must have been quite a sight. i know i get excited when i see just one lbc on the road.
tongue.gif

Bret

Yoda
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mopease:
this date is fast approaching. anyone forming a caravan yet?<hr></blockquote>

Where are you guys coming from?

I don't have the specifics, but we'll be meeting up with some of the San Diego MG Club folks to Caravan to Del Mar from east SD County.

See ya there!
cheers.gif

OP
mopease

mopease

bret,

i'm in south orange county. a little out of the way from you. i'm definitely more north of sd.

regards,
eric

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
Head Count,

Who from Orange County wants to Caravan to San Diego Rolling British Car Day?

PC.
driving.gif
driving.gif
driving.gif
driving.gif
driving.gif

OP
mopease

mopease

pc,

i'll meet up with you @ the designated location. looks like 30% showers though.

regards,
eric

Bret

Yoda
Hey PC,

Witch car you driving? Your JH or the new Mini?

Anyway I’ll have my 4yr/old daughter in tow with me in my 78B. Can’t wait to see ya all there…

Safety Fast!
driving.gif

Bret

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Bret:
Hey PC,

Witch car you driving? Your JH or the new Mini?

<hr></blockquote>

Last year we brought both but this year our co-pilots need to stay home with a sick Rover for the weekend so we’re down to one.

The JH is first choice but for now it’s strictly a dry weather ride so if the forecast holds we’ll be driving the Mini.

PC.

cheers.gif

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
Eric,

The other guys want to hit Breakfast at Milton’s so it looks like zero hour at the MV rendezvous will be 07:00.

PC.
driving.gif

OP
mopease

mopease

pc,

sounds good. my first choice would be the b also, but if the weather turns sour i'll have to take my mcs as well.

regards,
eric

Henri

Jedi Knight
Country flag
So...was the event rained-out? It poured all day at my house...it sure looked like tons of rain in San Deigo on the Doppler...

Henri

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I thought about going...however I spend around 6 hours getting my car ready for the Car Show that I entered on Sunday on Saturday...have you ever washed a convertible in the rain...had half the car in the garage and the rear-end sticking out...dried and detailed all the rest of my car in the garage...looked great when it was done...

Discovered at 6 am when leaving for the Show that I had misplaced my car keys somewhere (still have not found them)...with all that still had a great time...and the bonus was that my car actually won a prize...icing on the cake...never even occurred to me that it would win...just going to "hang-out"...

[ 04-19-2004: Message edited by: Henri ]</p>

Bret

Yoda
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PC:
It was lots of fun.
<<SNIP>>
Hey Bret, sorry I missed you man. Did you take the critter home early or did I just miss finding you in the (very crowded) pub?

PC.
<hr></blockquote>

Yes we (4yr/old Julia & I) where there at the start. But by the time we got to Rancho Santa Fe my co-pilot was very tired. Apparently she stayed up too late for me to wake her up when I did. Anyway we walked around for a little before saying goodbye to a couple of folks. But with the rain coming and a cranky little girl in tow, I figured it was time we headed home.

Overall we really enjoyed the 1st half of the drive. As I couldn’t rely on my 4 year old to read the directions for me as I drove, I tried to sick with a pack of cars. But thanks to some poor navigation on the part of the leader of our group, we all ended up getting “detoured” and had to repeat a couple parts of the tour. The best part was when Julia asked: “Are we lost daddy?. Working the gears keeping up with the pack - I just said “no honey we’re not lost, the people we’re following are”.

The interesting thing was that the rain really started to come down as we headed for home. This was the first time I’d actually drove my MG in that kind of wet weather. This was kind’a cool in it’s own way, as it almost seemed like driving in the UK – except that I was on the wrong side of the road.

Anyway by the time we got home my daughter was sound asleep and my wife & I tucked her in bed for a little nap.
cheers.gif

OP
mopease

mopease

pc,

it was good meeting you and your wife last saturday. you did the right thing by driving the mc. after reaching the car show, we decided to head home. the drizzling started to turn into sprinkles which turned to moderate downpour. driving home on the 5 was interesting. rain coupled with traffic made for some double defensive driving. my windshield wipers weren't working either. it was fun though. those backroads through san diego were fantastic. wonder what the residents were thinking as a fleet of british cars wizzed past their driveways. i'd definitely do that again. this time i'll probably heed the weatherman's predictions though.

regards,
eric

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
It was lots of fun.

We met up with fellow BCF'er Eric in his B and a couple of my JH pals and headed south. At first there were only light sprinkles interspersed with sunshine and I thought leaving the JH at home might have been a mistake. About half way through it started coming down pretty steady but the procession pressed on. Only cars were dampened, not anyone's spirit.

Hey Bret, sorry I missed you man. Did you take the critter home early or did I just miss finding you in the (very crowded) pub?

PC.

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
Eric,
Thanks for coming along. We'll have to get together on a sunny day for some top down motoring in South County. Here's the site for the group doing the mini rally: https://members.cox.net/sdmini/. Unfortunately it doesn't actually say anything about the rally. I'll scan the flyer and email it to you.

Bret,
Glad your co-pilot had fun. It's never too early have fun in LBCs. Trust me, she wasn't the only one who had trouble navigating. We spent a good chunk of time waiting for friends and collecting lost souls who'd rather follow us than decipher the instructions.

I almost caught up with you at the beginning. I saw you, your (very cute) co-pilot, and your car but you were deep in discussion with somebody and my crew was marching decisively toward breakfast. Service was reeeeaaaaallyyyy sloooooowwww and by the time I was out they were giving final directions and everybody was ready to move out.

I did wave as you were leaving Rancho Santa Fe. I was the guy in the Hawaiian shirt by the light green MINI.

PC.

cheers.gif

Jim Weatherford

Jedi Trainee
PC and others;

Sorry I missed out on the fun, had a concert on Saturday. Maybe in the future, now that I'm removed the rag top and converted 13046 into an open roadster, weather is a major consideration.

I have the SnugTop, but with the new higher (taller) rollbar it won't fit until I modify the top with a lateral bubble, LOL Kinda like John Waynes bubble top on his Pontiac station wagon.

Hope to see you soon. Jim

Dana McPeek

Freshman Member
Hi all,

I am new to the forum and, on the 17th did not even own a LBC.

On 4/20 I flew up to San Jose from Lindburg and took possession of my '73 Jensen Healey Roadster. Drove it back through Big Sur and the LA Smog Pit. Had a great time, but my butt is still sore.

Would like to connect with other JH owners in San Diego.

Dana
73 JH
858-549-7878