• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Old Photo - How Many Cars Can You Identify?

Steve_S

Yoda
Check out this 1940's photo of a London street scene. Be sure to view the super high-resolution version. How many cars can you identify? I'm up to zero so far. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CLICK HERE

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Well, I sat while it downloaded the high res photo & just as it ended, it switched back to the standard res!

lesingepsycho

Jedi Warrior
Hey Tony,
I think you're computer is set to "Auto-resize" just as mine is. In order to see the High res, hold the mouse on the photo and you should see a box with arrows in the lower right hand side of the screen... Click that to over-ride the auto-resizing.

JACK

Basil

Administrator
Boss
[ QUOTE ]
Well, I sat while it downloaded the high res photo & just as it ended, it switched back to the standard res!

[/ QUOTE ]

That is normal. Once it reverts to smaller resolution. try moving your mouse off the image, then back onto it. Then, a small button with outward pointing arrows should appear, usually in the lower right corner of the image. HOver your mouse over that button and you will see a message to the effect of "click to enlarge" (or something like that). Click the center of that button and it will (should) make it revert back to the full sized image.

Basil

OP
Steve_S

Steve_S

Yoda
Tony, the above advise is solid if you're using Internet Explorer. On Firefox, when you mouse over the image the cursor will turn into a magnifying glass. Clicking the photo will cycle between "actual size" and "fit to screen".

Roger

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Taxis crossing L to R are Austin, methinks. Is that a green A40 driving away? There's a Morris Commercial behind the folks waiting on the island to cross. There's a bit of Wolseley in the bottom lh corner of the lower picture, & is that a sandy-coloured Standard?

OP
Steve_S

Steve_S

Yoda
Interesting to compare the old photo to the modern one below. You can set your browsers so that the photos are in the same place, and then click between them.