• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Cozy Mysteries

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Mrs JP & I are big fans

Midsomer Murders
Death in Paradise
Miss Fisher Mysteries
etc.

Just started watching Ms Fishers Modern Murder Mysteries.
Miss Fisher Mysteries (above) set in the 20's-30's. this new one is her niece who has inherited her aunt's estate.

This is relevant because a big part of the estate is her aunt's car - an immaculate Big Healey.

Many many interesting period British Cars, and fun to watch!

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
JP, I don't seem to get Miss Fisher here but I would add the Father Brown Mysteries to Midsomer Murders and Death in Paradise. Some neat cars there too. One of the sidekicks drives a beautiful Sunbeam Alpine DHC. Oh, I also am addicted to grumpy Doc Martin.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
The Dr Blake Mysteries!

https://www.thecourier.com.au/story...-to-lend-1950s-nostalgia-to-heritage-weekend/

Craig-in-Car-Dominic-Brine.jpg

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
JP, I don't seem to get Miss Fisher here but I would add the Father Brown Mysteries to Midsomer Murders and Death in Paradise. Some neat cars there too. One of the sidekicks drives a beautiful Sunbeam Alpine DHC. Oh, I also am addicted to grumpy Doc Martin.

I watched Doc Martin for about 2 seasons till (to my mind) he jumped the shark. We did however go to Port Isaac a few years ago and it is exactly as portrayed!

Miss Fisher has been on netflix here, though I must confess we have been steaming the new series with Chromecast.

Two others from that side of the world are

Mr & Mrs Murder and
Brokenwood Mysteries (very good has a Columbo vibe)

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
The only "mysteries" fascinating me are the ones concerning where a particular tool or part has absconded to just as I go to reach for it.