• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

AH in AZ

Tucksdoc

Freshman Member
Finally! Had several Healeys back in the seventies. Sold them all but kept my XK 140 mc ots Jag. In the early 90’s decided to restore the suspension,brakes & steering while the engine & trans were out to replace the clutch (yes you have to pull them as a unit to even get to the clutch). Put all the parts in plastic bags and marked them all with a permanent marker. Then came the DIVORCE!! The Jag was caught in the middle, along with two children. A major custody battle ensued & the wife got the Jag and the kids! Since she got the house, the Jag just sat in the garage in parts for years. Like 20 years!! Now it was 2015! Come get that jalopy out of my garage!!! I did and got the title too! Only one problem.........the marks on all the little baggies had disappeared over the years! Now I have a nice XK 140 body and a hundred little bags of unknown parts. With this and my deteriorating back, my retirement project was ruined! Fast forword to October 2018. I sold the Jag as is to a guy who has 20 plus cars (retired Jag mechanic). Turned out to be a trade for a nice,running BJ8 I saw in one of his photos. Now I’m back where I belong, the AH model I always wanted but never had,and it only needs a little TLC and to be driven.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Welcome to the fun Tucksdoc! I once owned a 54 XK120 FHC - what a fun car! Congraits on the BJ8! We have a very active Austin Healey here, so be sure to jumo into the Healey forum also!