• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New member introduction

jagman

Freshman Member
Hello Everybody,

How time flies. I joined this forum in July 2017, shortly after purchasing a 1966 BJ8 3000 MK3, Phase 2 Healey that I am considering restoring. I had recently finished a five-year restoration of a 1956 MGA and knew I needed another project to keep busy. Now, I'm not so sure I want to get started on the project or sell the Healey and maybe look for something else. Since I like to do all the work myself and realize this Healey is a MUCH more complex car than the MGA, it will take a while and lots of cash do do correctly. That's my dilemma at the moment.

My other cars are a 1964 Jaguar 3.8 S Saloon that I bought and restored in the late '70s and a 1966 E type FHC that I bought in 1978 and restored over the course of twelve years - can't rush those restoration projects.

Anyway, thanks for listening.

Alan Wiedie
Bolton, CT
USA

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Alan

Welcome to the forum

I do not know the Healeys so I can't comment on the complexity of them and the difficulty of restoring one but I would think they are much like the Triumphs of the same age. I am on the last lap of a complete rebuild of a TR3A . My first restore project.
Post your question in the Healey section and see what advice you get there.

Post some photos

David

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Alan, if you've had a 66 Etype then you've already had the top of the list on complexity for a little British car! Welcome to BCF!