• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Michael, Michael, Michael...

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
The Beast has hit. Keep all in your thoughts.

150+ MPH winds are not kind to anything slab-sided... go out and walk around your home.

Horrible consequences, much discomfort lasting for a long time.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
How did the Hovel fare?
Not related to Micheal,but we had a huge rain shower
here.Roads flooded,& IDIOTS trying driving to drive through it.
I got stuck in traffic on I81 & Electric Road (a main road).People
passing on the shoulder,& a few accidents along the way.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Some intermittent heavy squalls here, intervals of sunshine between. Not much in the way of damage, this area has good stormwater runoff control.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Some intermittent heavy squalls here, intervals of sunshine between. Not much in the way of damage, this area has good stormwater runoff control.

Just learned a friend an former co-worker who now lives in the panhandle didn't fair so well - her house was devastated.

dklawson

Yoda
Even up her in NC the tail of the storm was intense. Fortunately we only had minor damage where things were blown off the house and about 6 inches of rain. However, my younger son had to move back in with us yesterday evening when a huge oak tree blew over and landed on the house he was renting with his room mates.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Doug said:
a huge oak tree blew over and landed on the house he was renting with his room mates.

:eek: Saw an interview of a couple college guys in similar situation this AM.

The trees were our biggest concern here. The hovel is surrounded by old oaks. We had some pretty strong gusts but had only one (dead) limb of consequence drop on the roof. No discernible damage though. *whew*

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
I had a client who sold his house here and moved to an island off the panhandle coast. I wonder how he made out? Prolly not well. Maybe I'll try to contact him.

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Passed right over us in Macon as a Cat 1 Lots of wind and rain but no damage at our place. We were out of power for 30 hours but as I have a generator it was no problem.
The Panhandle looks to be in bad shape though. I cant't imagine living on generator power for weeks.

David