• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

An explanation would help...

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
How about:
My darling husband, before you return from your business trip, I just want to let you know about the small accident I had with the pick up truck when I turned into the driveway. Fortunately it's not too bad and I really didn't get hurt, so please don't worry too much about me. I was coming home from Wal-Mart, and when I turned into the driveway I accidentally pushed down on the accelerator instead of the brake. The garage door is slightly bent but fortunately the pick up came to a halt when it bumped into your car. I am really sorry, but I know with your kind-hearted personality you will forgive me. You know how much I love you and care for you my sweetheart. I am enclosing a picture of the damage for you. I cannot wait to hold you in my arms again.

garage.jpg
[SUB][/SUB]

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
and the cooler - though this looks a little more like hurricane damage to me. (still worth sharing though)

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
and the cooler - though this looks a little more like hurricane damage to me. (still worth sharing though)
Maybe a HERricane :rolleye:

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Yeah, it's an odd scene (beyond the obvious). Stuff everywhere that doesn't fit the rest of the garage.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
OK - the wonders of the Interweb - Snopes.com to be specific 2005 accident - (still a great picture though) :smile:

A Fort Smith family had their home remodeled, unintentionally, after a pickup truck landed in their garage on top of a 2000 Ferrari.The accident happened just before four Sunday evening on Jenny Lind Road in Fianna Hills. According to the police report, the teenage driver reached for a cell phone and ran off the road and became airborne. He caused about two hundred thousand dollars worth of damage to the garage, the Ferrari, a PT Cruiser as well as 2 motorcycles.
The speed limit is posted at 30 miles per hour, but the owner of the damaged home as well as neighbors say there have been plenty of problems in the past. It’s been nonstop traffic for the neighborhood with a steady stream of cars driving by to get a view of a flattened Ferrari and devastated garage.
Owner Steve Marts wasn’t home at the time of the accident, but got the bad news over the phone. “I was just numb, just real numb,” Marts said.

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Great sleuthing!!!

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Wow, that really is a shame. I hope the kid learned his lesson.

Country flag
Reminds me of when one of my brothers bought their first house. About 2 months after they moved in a drunk driver trying to outrun the police ran front to back through the house when he missed a turn. Fortunately it was 2am and they and the kids were asleep upstairs when it happened so there were no injuries. But meant that basically the whole first floor was rebuilt since it destroyed the living room, dining room and kitchen. Put them out of the house for 6 months.

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Reminds me of when one of my brothers bought their first house. About 2 months after they moved in a drunk driver trying to outrun the police ran front to back through the house when he missed a turn. Fortunately it was 2am and they and the kids were asleep upstairs when it happened so there were no injuries. But meant that basically the whole first floor was rebuilt since it destroyed the living room, dining room and kitchen. Put them out of the house for 6 months.

Wow... now I have visions of the Blues Brothers driving through that shopping mall. :highly_amused:

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
Hit my Ferrari and it would be "Dead Man Laying on floor"! No excuse is good enough.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Hit my Ferrari and it would be "Dead Man Laying on floor"! No excuse is good enough.

"The teen died on impact"... with a baseball bat.

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
:encouragement::eagerness::angel2: