• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Chris Squire

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Nearly wore out my copy of "Fragile" back in 1971/2.

catfood

Jedi Knight
I was lucky enough to see yes a few times over the years. Apparently Chris Squire was unusual in bass players in that he plucked using both a pick and his fingers at the same time.

I used to have a copy of his solo album Fish out of Water which I managed to lose many years ago. Looks like since his untimely death it has been rereleased so I've just ordered a copy.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
I was lucky enough to see yes a few times over the years. Apparently Chris Squire was unusual in bass players in that he plucked using both a pick and his fingers at the same time.

I used to have a copy of his solo album Fish out of Water which I managed to lose many years ago. Looks like since his untimely death it has been rereleased so I've just ordered a copy.

For some reason I never got into Yes until much later in life. Now I really enjoy their stuff.

catfood

Jedi Knight
I love the stuff they did in the 70s and 80s up until 90125. After that i think they had lost their way a bit. The music seemed to lack the excitement of the earlier releases.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Steve said:
I love the stuff they did in the 70s and 80s up until 90125. After that i think they had lost their way a bit. The music seemed to lack the excitement of the earlier releases.

Agree. Up to and including '90125'. Bought 'Big Generator' and may have listened to it a few times but not often.