• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hello from MGAGUY!

MGAGUY

Freshman Member
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to join the British Car Forum! For starters, how in the heck was I able to score MGAGUY as a username!? Beginners luck I guess. I grew up on the hump seat of a Jaguar XK140 and the old man had a '58 MGA which he rallied w/ mom before the kids started to take up too much of his time. I restored a '61 MG Midget in my youth, currently own '62 MGA Mark II, and still just getting over my recent decision to sell a '74 TR6 that I owned and loved for 15 years. That's my story. I originally found myself on the BCF to gain some insight on what anyone felt about replacing my original radiator, which spring a leak, with a aluminum alloy radiator from Moss. I don't show my cars, I just drive them and in Los Angeles, one can find themselves in some heavy traffic now 'n then and thought it might be a prudent decision given it costs as much to fix the old one as pick up the lighter, cooler running, aluminum number. If anybody has any feedback or experience with this I'm all ears as they out-of-stock 'till the middle of May so I'm still contemplating the move...

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Welcome MGAGUY! With more than 20k users here, it is lucky to have scored such a cool screen name. Be sure to check in at our MG forum here too!