Thread: New member hello

Freshman Member
    Chats

New member hello

Hey all I just joined just introducing myself. My name is Pat and am from NY. I joined to try and get some info about my fathers Austin Healey. My plan is to register it on the site and try and get some history on it to give to my dad for Christmas to hopefully try and motivate him to restore his 64 mark iii I believe. The reason I haven't done it yet is I am trying to surprise him and currently on crutches I had ankle surgery and tough to maneuver around his garage with out him knowing or being home. So gonna try and get that done asap. This site is great and I'm really enjoying it and when I tell him about it hopefully he will also and maybe get the motivation he needs to get started on his project.

Blog Entries
    Chats

Re: New member hello

Welcome to BCF, Mav! It would be great if your Dad eventually joins too - we could give hime plenty of motivation!

Basil

Re: New member hello

Welcome to the BCF Pat! You've come to the right place.

Once you get the car's VIN (should begin with HBJ8L and then five digits), send it to Steve Byers, the BJ8 Registrar, and he may be able to help. He has some record of about half of the 17,XXX BJ8s made, so your chances are actually pretty fair.

Good luck.
    Reid Trummel
    Editor, HEALEY MARQUE magazine