• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Well...darn

Basil

Administrator
Boss
So my wife and I left the house at 3:30AM this morning for the 35 mile drive to Albuquerque and the Park and Ride bus we took out to the Balloon Park. This is Sunday the 15th of October and the last day of the 2017 Balloon Fiesta.

We got to the park early and I headed straight for the Canon tent where I was able to "check out" (they had loaners) the new Canon 5D Mark IV. They even gave me a 16GB SanDisk Ultra to keep! I was very excited end couldn't wait to take lots of balloon pictures with the 5D4!

At the morning pilot briefing they said the wind speed was too high initially to even do the morning glow, but they "hoped" it would calm down enough to launch once the sun came up. Well, the sun came up but the wind did not calm down enough. There were a few balloons that inflated (very briefly) but overall the morning was a bust as far as Balloons go.

Nevertheless I did get to shoot lots of people pictures and a few semi-inflated balloons with the 5D4. It was similar enough to my 7DII that I had no problem at all getting things set the way I wanted them.

The first thing I noticed when I got home and put the RAW pics in LR was the rather large file size.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
sounds like they were semi-inflated and you are semi-deflated. Hope the rest of the day got better.

Crazy windy here too right now though it is a completely different weather front.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
sounds like they were semi-inflated and you are semi-deflated. Hope the rest of the day got better.

Crazy windy here too right now though it is a completely different weather front.

The best thing about the day was that I had a chance to play around with Canon's new 5D Mark IV camera. Here are a few pictures taken with the Mark IV (The picture of the ballon burning it's burners was taken with my Canon 6D - an entry level full frame camera.

Basil's Better Half at O-Dark-Thirty. Laser show in background​
Balloon Fiesta 2017-29.jpg
No balloons launched, but a few folks lit up there burners (which warmed us up a bit)​
Balloon Fiesta 2017-28.jpg

Some people will wear anything to stay warm!​
Balloon Fiesta 2017-33.jpg

Hatch Chile is the best in the world!​
Balloon Fiesta 2017-44.jpg

One of the Canon Balloon crew​
Balloon Fiesta 2017-47.jpg

And I thought I was serious into photography! This guy had a Canon 1D-X Mark II and a Canon 5DS
around his neck. With the 700-200 and 16-35 lenses, he had around a $15 thousand necklace!​
Balloon Fiesta 2017-50.jpg