• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Maxwell Mountain, top of.

• Thread starter Deleted member 8987
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 8987

36358868084_57aab7d6e0_b.jpg

So...on our recent trip, I wanted to drive up to the top of Maxwell Mountain. Sign says, no turn around at the top of the mountain, end of the road. Thread that. Off we went.
Imagine my surprise that the town water tank was at the top with a circular road all the way around it and back.
Then this in the trees...I expected Tom Baker to step out of his TARDIS.
37005679346_0375a70b1d_b.jpg

Then there is this sign taped to the side of the Call Box. Gist is, do NOT hit golf balls over the edge, as people have been injured and property damaged, surveillance cameras are now installed and a report sent to Sheriff. So, I see the lock is open, so I open the door:

36358867324_2d3019fa71_b.jpg

Creative, to say the least.

Oh, and the sign that said no turn around...off to the west of the TARDIS about 50 feet was a parking area, with astro turfed area down one side...with signs.
Apparently this is a hang glider launch point.

Back to your regularly scheduled car stuff. But Doctor Who is still British.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
brilliant!

OP
D

Deleted member 8987

North end of Oceanside, Oregon, which is nine miles west-ish of Tillamook, Oregon.

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
Now wonder the foliage is so lush around the Police Call Box!

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Does anyone live up there? and if so, would it be Maxwell House?

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I think that Mr. Coffee used to live near there.

Darwin

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
Mrs. Olsen or mayhaps Margaret Hamilton who once was the voice of Maxwell House.

OP
D

Deleted member 8987

I'm just glad there were no Daleks or Cybermen lurking in the trees.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
That's outstanding!