• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Bob's MG

Freshman Member
Hello everyone,

I'm a new member and thought I'd pop in and introduce myself. I'm 62 years old and have been driving MGs since I was 17. That being said, I've only owned three - I just tend to hang on to them for a while. The first was a 1971 Midget, that I purchased in 1972 for the whopping sum of $1600. It had less than a thousand miles on it. I traded that one for a 1969 MGB in 1977 and drove that one for many years. I was in the Navy at the time and that MG ended up being "stationed" all over the continental U.S. I sold it when my time at sea was far exceeding my time ashore and moved over to a Miata which was easier to maintain. Kind of a "fire and forget" kind of car. Although it was a good car, I finally traded it for the 1980 LE that I drive today and have never looked back. It's a rust-free survivor, originally sold in Durham, North Carolina, that spent most of it's life in Florida. The engine was completely overhauled in 2015 and I expect to drive it for many years to come. It's moved around a bit since I purchased it including Georgia, Hawaii, Michigan and now Bremerton, WA. It's a daily driver that shares time with my '78 Volkswagon transporter. So - a rainy day bus and a fair weather MG.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag