• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

How can I make this any clearer?

Basil

Administrator
Boss
As you can see from attached screen capture, there is a HUGE warning telling new users NOT to use auto-fill to fill in the registration form. When you use auto-fill, it will put your Town in the Location" field and your state in the field that is meant for the question "What British car do you own?" Therefore, I have this huge BOLD YELLOW notice at the top of the screen warning to NOT use auto-fill but to fill in the form manually.

Nevertheless, like clockwork, I get 2 or 3 new registrations a week that fail to heed that warning. How in the world can I make it any clearer?

registration form.jpg

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Or you can automatically refer those who use auto fill to a Monster Truck forum or some such thing :devilgrin: Seriously, can't you disable auto fill?

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Or you can automatically refer those who use auto fill to a Monster Truck forum or some such thing :devilgrin: Seriously, can't you disable auto fill?

No, unfortunately that is not an option. Wish it was! However, I have gotten to the point where I simply disapprove such registrations and they will get an email telling them why. Then, if they want to re-register the correct way, great.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Well, I do happen to own a very pristine Tennessee - quite rare, you know...

Seriously, though, I don't know what more you can do. We have turned into a lazy lot. Instant gratification and all that. Sad, really.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
OK - I'm dense.

What is auto fill? How does the system know what to automatically type in?

:confused:

It is actually the feature on your computer where if you start typing a "form" it will complete the typing - name address etc.

Either that or he is referring to a German ditch digger - you know, Otto fill.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Well, I do happen to own a very pristine Tennessee - quite rare, you know...

Just to clarify do you have Ten-essee? or One-essee cause I might be interested in buying a spare.