• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

deux chevaux

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
Have a relative visiting from the Midwest so we took her to the beach yesterday.

Heading toward Corona Del Mar, at about the bridge to Balboa Island, we came up behind a bright red Citroen 2CV.

Looked to be very nicely restored.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
I remember seeing those all over when I was a kid living in Germany (We lived not too far from French border).

GTP1960

Jedi Knight
I don't believe I have ever seen one.
was surprised to find they were in production until 1990.
From Wikipedia:
engines:
375 cc (23 CID) H2air-cooled 9 hp.
425 cc H2 air-cooled 12hp.
435 cc H2 air-cooled 24 hp.
602 cc H2 air-cooled 29 hp. [SUP][3][/SUP][SUP][page needed]

the English were apparently fond of the car:
"
[/SUP]English nicknames include "Flying Dustbin","Tin Snail", "Dolly", "Tortoise"[SUP][97][/SUP][SUP][98]"[/SUP]

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Curt (Richard Dreyfuss) drove one in American Graffiti. And 007's lady had one in For Your Eyes Only:

curt graffiti.jpg

GTP1960

Jedi Knight
An unlikely Bond get-a-way car!........must have been the high powered 29hp model.