• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New But Not New Member

Old Northern

Freshman Member
Hello All.

I joined this forum around 18 months ago, so I suppose that I'm not really a new member as such, but I haven't posted anything until today, so maybe I am new after all.

My everyday car is a Skoda Octavia station wagon, and my British car (albeit an Australian built one) is a 1962 Wolseley 15/60.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Hey - welcome to BCF! That's quite an unusual set of cars. What got you interested in Skoda and Wolseley?

How 'bout posting some photos?

OP
O

Old Northern

Freshman Member
Hey - welcome to BCF! That's quite an unusual set of cars. What got you interested in Skoda and Wolseley?

How 'bout posting some photos?

The Skoda is my modern car (a 2015 model) which I bought two years ago to replace a 1990 Mitsubishi Magna, which I had bought new in 1991. As you can see, I don't change cars very often. I was looking for a car around the same size of the Magna, and what attracted me to the Skoda was value for money, appearance and build quality. I have not been disappointed.

As for Wolseley, I have always been interested in them, going back to my first encounter with one in 1958 - some friends of ours had a Wolseley 4/50. And an interest in BMC products generally - my father had two Austins, the second of which (a Mark I 1800) being the car I learnt to drive on.

Here's a photo of my car at a club outing in 2007 (I have owned it since 2004):

18386166291_a41800dec9_b.jpg

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Welcome to the BCF Old Northern! (Or at least welcome to the ranks of those who post.)

In Australia you have many cars and models that we seldom or never see here in the USA. Skoda is mostly a total unknown here. Ditto for Wolseley. It's also interesting to me that we can slip across the border into British Columbia and see lots of cars that Canada got, but that were never exported to the USA. Theres a lot of variety of cars even between the Commonwealth countries (and this former colony).

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Any pictures of the Skoda?I didn't think they made those any more.

OP
O

Old Northern

Freshman Member
Any pictures of the Skoda?I didn't think they made those any more.

Skoda is part of the Volkswagen group these days, so they look (apart from the grille) not greatly unlike the equivalent Volkswagen. The Octavia wagon looks similar to the Golf wagon. Here it is:

Photo394.jpg

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Welcome to the forum! Your Skoda looks slightly like my 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV, just a bit smaller.