• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

PT Cruiser Fog Lights

Basil

Administrator
Boss
The battery died on my younger son's PT Cruiser, so yesterday I went to help him. First we took the battery to Autozone and tested it - dead as a doornail. We bought a new battery and the car started fine, but the fog lights would not turn off after shutting the car off. Thus, they would drain the battery in short order. After I little internet sleuthing, I discovered that this is a common problem on PT Cruisers. Seems to be a poor design in the multi-function switch (Turn signal/ lights) that causes a plastic part inside to over heat and, in time, melt to the point that it shorts out the fog light circuit. The good news is, the multi-function switch was available on EBAy for only $50. I also found a great video explaining in detail how to change the MF switch (it's not hard, but there are a few little tricks that you need to know that are not obvious).

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Or,you could just disconnect the lights.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Last edited:

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Thank you for that tip.

You Tube is a great tool and a terrible time suck.
I find I look at something on you tube then another video catches my eye then another and before I know it the morning/evening is gone.
Have learned how to do so many things on you tube.

David

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Thank you for that tip.

You Tube is a great tool and a terrible time suck.
I find I look at something on you tube then another video catches my eye then another and before I know it the morning/evening is gone.
Have learned how to do so many things on you tube.

David

I know what you mean! I spent the better part of an evening recently watching ABBA videos! LOL

D

Deleted member 8987

I've done several. NEW at autozone, o'reillys, etc they are 50-60 WITH a lifetime warranty you won't get on evilbait.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Wasn't there a way to insert a relay in the circuit to take the pressure off the switch? PJ