• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Never Regret Getting Old!

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Never regret getting old,
It' a privilege denied to many!

Saw that on another forum. Makes you think, doesn't it!

G

Older is one thing, old is another. Had a conversation with the orthopedic guy working on Kelly's ankle and he and I both agree; neither of us sees a point in living a "long life".

Both he and I believe 75-80 is about the max one should really "want" to do. The problem lies in the fact I may leave a spouse, other than that, "checkout time" can't be soon enough for me.

(Don't read anything into that; just saying; at this point I really don't see a point when there is no longer a point).

Healeysince59

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Older is one thing, old is another. Had a conversation with the orthopedic guy working on Kelly's ankle and he and I both agree; neither of us sees a point in living a "long life".

Both he and I believe 75-80 is about the max one should really "want" to do. The problem lies in the fact I may leave a spouse, other than that, "checkout time" can't be soon enough for me.

I gotta disagree. With those numbers, I've only got 16 months max left to enjoy. Speaking of our LBC life only, we've got a 4 day tour planned in April, a 5 day 1500 mile trip planned in Oct, and possibly a 4,000 mile tour planned in July. Those, I hope, will be be repeated in similar form for at least the next 10 years. That being said, I recognize that an unanticipated health event could happen any time and totally screw up our plans.

We have a very active club that drives all the time. We recently lost an active member that was north of 90. Thats a record that I hope to beat.

Marv J

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I think this says it all and it is all good!!!
:
Ode To Old Age

Just a line to say I'm living
That I'm not among the dead
Though I'm getting more forgetful
And all mixed up in my head.

I got used to my Arthritis
To my dentures I'm resigned
I can manage my Bifocals
But dear God I miss my mind.

For sometimes I can't remember
When I stand at the foot of the stairs
If I must go up for something
Or have I just come down from there?

And before the fridge so often
My poor mind is filled with doubt
Have I just put some food away?
Or have I come to take something out?

And there's a time, when it is dark
I stop and hold my head
I don't know if I'm retiring
Or am I getting out of bed?

So, If it is my turn to write to you
There's no need getting sore
I may think that I have written
And don't want to be a bore

So remember that I love you
And wish that you were near
But now it's nearly mail time,
So must say "good-bye dear"

Here I stand before the mail box
With a face so very red
Instead of mailing you my letter
I went and opened it instead.

Author Unknown

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Well, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones as I'm in pretty good health, so is my wife of 58 years! At 75 and recently passing my last commercial aviation physical, I ain't doing too bad! No brag, just fact. Tomorrow could be another thing, but we'll let tomorrow take care of it's self, it's not here yet! :encouragement:

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
And I had hair.

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Hair falls off your head and grows other places on your body as you get older.
The point in life that if you get an erection you ought to use it, even if you're alone.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Hair falls off your head and grows other places on your body as you get older.
The point in life that if you get an erection you ought to use it, even if you're alone.

The important word there is *if* ...

Country flag
What it comes down to is the ability to enjoy your life and engage in your passions. If one of the things you truely love is reading and learning you can have what for you is a fulfilling life even if you have trouble moving around for example. Or if all you've done and are interested in are highly physical activities you could feel there's nothing left by age 40 if injuries get in the way. It's all in what you make of what you're handed.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I had brown hair when I started this forum!

Well what color is it now?
Are you one of the lucky ones
Where it just changed color
And "U" still got a head full now?

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I'll be 75 later this year and I'm nowhere near ready to check it in. Too many projects left to finish. At the rate I'm moving, another 5 years still won't be near enough.

G

I'll be 75 later this year and I'm nowhere near ready to check it in. Too many projects left to finish. At the rate I'm moving, another 5 years still won't be near enough.

Well then, c'mon Pawpaw and pick up th' pace! :jester:

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag