• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Dance of the Comedians

Darwin

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
One of the funniest men to ever live. As well as being great musician.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
"When I was ten, my father looked at me and said Borge - how old are you?"

I said "ten".

He said, "Shame on you Borge! When I was your age, I was twelve."

He conducted our orchestra for a benefit concert back in the '60s. He walked onto the podium, and motioned for everyone to play the tuning note "A". As we all played the A, he scanned the orchestra, then pointed to the back of the second violin section. We stopped playing, and Borge walked back to the violins, took one out of the player's hands, plucked the strings a few times, scowled at the player - and the audience. He then smashed the violin onto the floor. (it was a dummy violin - but the effect was hysterically funny.

He accompanied a rather buxom young soprano, who made the mistake of laying her arm on Borge's piano. He banged on the keys, stood up, and bellowed "If you lean on my piano, I'll lean on your beautiful coloratura."

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
He conducted our orchestra for a benefit concert back in the '60s. He walked onto the podium, and motioned for everyone to play the tuning note "A". As we all played the A, he scanned the orchestra, then pointed to the back of the second violin section. We stopped playing, and Borge walked back to the violins, took one out of the player's hands, plucked the strings a few times, scowled at the player - and the audience. He then smashed the violin onto the floor. (it was a dummy violin - but the effect was hysterically funny.

He accompanied a rather buxom young soprano, who made the mistake of laying her arm on Borge's piano. He banged on the keys, stood up, and bellowed "If you lean on my piano, I'll lean on your beautiful coloratura."
I didn't know you played in an orchestra. You're full of surprises. What did you play?

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
One of the funniest men to ever live. As well as being great musician.

I also consider Bill Irwin one. Combines Chaplin, Astaire and Cleese with ease.