• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

XJ6 Series II Parts Needed

bmurphy7369

Jedi Trainee
I am having trouble finding a salvage yard in Indiana that has any Series II XJ6 parts left. I am looking for an accelerator assembly, the piece(s) that connects the end of the cable assembly to the throttle shafts on the Zenith Strombergs (1975). I have also been looking for a driver's door mirror for quite some time with no luck. If anyone knows of a good used parts source or has these parts on hand please let me know.

Thanks,

Brian

John S Farrington

Jedi Warrior
Brian, If push comes to shove, you can use series 3 mirrors on the series 2 coupe. They are not authentic but look better than the original. If you do not have a source for the series 3 type I can supply them. Jack

OP
bmurphy7369

bmurphy7369

Jedi Trainee
Izual,

Thanks for the link... unlike the sites I have been searching, this one actually finds the parts you need. Much appreciated.

Jack,

I have heard that about the mirrors. How much drilling is required to do the job? Will it link to the manual knobs already in the car as well?

Thanks,

Brian

John S Farrington

Jedi Warrior
Brian, The drilling in the door skin is an easy job. The series 3 mirrors must work electrically using series 3 switches if they are to be adjustable. This is a straightforward job requiring 12 volts available in the door interior. I can supply the units as a group wired together but it will require your ingenuity to fit the switches into the inside door upholstry. Series 2 hardware would be simpler to fit but the mirrors are rare. Hope this helps. Jack.

John S Farrington

Jedi Warrior
Brian, I was going through my used parts bin for mirrirs and unearthed what appears to be a series 2 outside rear view mirror. If it is not that it is certainly an series 3 Etype which is similar. It is complete with manual adjustment cable and switch. If you are interested I will send you video. Jack

OP
bmurphy7369

bmurphy7369

Jedi Trainee
Jack,

I am interested in a photo of the mirror. I have tried to call your shop this past week, but haven't had much luck in catching you.... hope business is doing well. Thanks for taking the extra time to look through your parts. Would measurements from my door holes help in determining whether or not it is a Series II mirror? Maybe there is a part number on the mirror I could research? Just drop me a line or call when you have some extra time. Thanks so much for your help, as always.

Cheers,
Brian
bdmurphy@ccol.net

John S Farrington

Jedi Warrior
Brian, This mirror is very similar to the side view mirror on series 3 ETypes. It is Manually controlled so you dont have to mess with electrical re rigging. I will send you a digital picture of it ASAP. Best regards,

OP
bmurphy7369

bmurphy7369

Jedi Trainee
Jack,

I'll be looking forward to seeing the picture... I think it (is it from a Series III E-type?) may be the same mirror used on the Series II XJ's, looks the same in the photos I've seen anyway. Unfortunately, I bought the car with the mirror missing so I don't have much to compare it with. I'll do some research on parts interchange.

Brian

John S Farrington

Jedi Warrior
Brian, It definitely is a mirror from a series 3 EType with a manual joy stick control. Have you gotten your carburetion problem straightened out? I would recommend the Zenith Strombergs with a manual choke conversion. The problem will be synchronizing the choking mechanism between the front and rear carburetors with a single lever from the dash control.

John S Farrington

Jedi Warrior
Brian, It definitely is a mirror from a series 3 EType with a manual joy stick control. Have you gotten your carburetion problem straightened out? I would recommend the Zenith Strombergs with a manual choke conversion. The problem will be synchronizing the choking mechanism between the front and rear carburetors with a single lever from the dash control.