• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Woo Hoo!!! Officially the owner of a 1965 E-type OTS.

cmc140

Freshman Member
Well this has been quite an adventure for the last month or so and I thought I would share with others that have the same passion for British cars. A few months ago I was contacted by one of my father's best friends who was the owner operator of a classic car garage for over 30 years. He has since retired and sold the business, but still occasionally does some work for some of his old clients. One of which was the original owner of this 1965 E-Type. The owner was starting to think about selling the car and wanted to find the right buyer. My father's friend told the owner that he knew I would take care of the car and most certainly appreciate it. Perhaps some of my karma-builders are starting to pay back because the right buyer just happened to be me.

After speaking with the owner and striking a deal, I then had a difficult decision to make. I decided to sell a car that I never imagined I would, my father's XK140 FHC. After speaking with my father he assured me it was a good move. A move he would have made if he ever had the chance to buy this E-Type. So, that is what I did and I think that I'm starting to come to terms with the decision. Being a true car loon I'd love to keep them all, but actually selling the XK140 felt kind of liberating.

I haven't seen this E-Type in years, but I remember it quite vividly. My father's friend sent me the pictures below and told me that this was a fantastic car. It needs as good cleaning, new tires, and a good going through. However, it's a real solid car with a ton of documentation. Speaking with the owner has been such a great pleasure and I will always see this car as his car that I bought to maintain.

Anyhow, my father and I are going to being taking a road trip to the Poconos, on Labor Day weekend, to pick it up and I'm beyond excited.
I will do my best to take some pictures along the way.

65E-Type4AUG2014001_zps6d0d9ffb.jpg

65E-Type4AUG2014002_zps569a6b53.jpg

65E-Type4AUG2014003_zpsf5130c3c.jpg

65E-Type4AUG2014006_zps6beb8c4f.jpg

65E-Type4AUG2014008_zps312d0621.jpg

65E-Type4AUG2014009_zps0595c0cd.jpg

65E-Type4AUG2014007_zpsefeb4e6a.jpg

65E-Type4AUG2014005_zpse1008ce1.jpg

Some of the paperwork he brought today when the deal was finalized.
xkeorder_zps26c51603.png

XKEBillofsale_zpsf84e7d74.png

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
Well done! Great to have a car with a history you know. Look forward to seeing more pictures and hearing that you've got it back on the road.