• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Wonderful Day

BEEJAY7

Jedi Warrior
Spring officially sprung today in the UK....The sun was out so it was time to wake the BJ7 up from it's Winter slumber.
Due to illness last year I hadn't used the car for a very long time, (must be six months or so), also I didn't get chance to lay it up properly for Winter, so I was a little worried about getting it going.
I connected the battery to my charger, checked oil and water, brake and clutch fluid levels, got Number one son to hold the Choke butterflies wide open and it started on the second crank. What great cars.
The shake down drive was superb, no problems at all, so I can now look forward to trips to the Le Mans 24 Hr in June and the Goodwood Revival, as well as many other Healey related events.
Sorry to ramble but just thought I would share.

Regards

Alan

Dave Russell

Yoda - R.I.P
Gold
Hi Alan,

A wonderful day AND a very nice car!!!! You have done a lot of beautiful work.
D

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Alan, welcome back mate!!!!!!!!

I was wondering how you were doing, and was worried in case your health had been playing you up again. My thoughts have been with you. I am really pleased to see you posting again, and the car's looking wonderful too! Glad to hear that the notoriously fickle English weather has been kind to you. All in all, this HAS been a wonderful day!

curtis

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Nice story Alan. As well as the weather I used to find that if I had had to pay for some work on a car the bad feeling of the bill was soon gone after a run,listening to the exhaust,smelling the warm engine and the general well being that comes from enjoying "our" cars.

Curtis