• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

won a trophy WON A TROPHY won a TROPHY!!!!!!

Country flag
OK, before I start, let me say that our Healey is mostly done by us, and I'm pretty sure that most of the Healeys on the Forum are in better shape than ours. However, I'm so excited about this that I've gotta tell everybody. Every year in the fall there is a large festival in Adams County, Pa. called the Apple Harvest Festival. My wife had never been to it, so we decided to drive the Healey up there this year. The only problem was that you have to park quite a ways from the festival, and be bussed in on school buses. I didn't really want to leave the Healey out in a field a mile or so from where we'd be. However, there is a car show held at the festival every year, and we found the easy solution - we entered the car into the show. So we got to park right in the middle of the festival, along with close to 200 American "muscle" cars, mustangs, barracudas, galaxies, corvairs, you name it, from the forties to the seventies, it was there. To our left was a Firebird, and to our right was a candy apple red 1959 Impala convertable. You get the picture! The festival was really crouded, thousands of people attend it. We were there for 6 hours, and rarely got to walk around the festival. We had a crowd of people talking to us all day long, telling us about the LBC they had 40 years ago, or about the Healey that has been in their garage since 1970, etc. Long story short, we won the People's choice award for Best of Class, 1950's!!! The Impala people hadn't talked to us all day, and left as soon as they announced the awards! What a great day that was. To top it all off, our steering wheel by Mike Lampert arrived last Thursday, and our carpet from Phoenix Upholstery is supposed to be delivered today - it couldn't be much better!

So I want to thank all of you on the Forum who have helped us get this far, what a great place this Forum is - Thank you Basil!

Oh, that's my wife beside the car - Pam drives it as much as I do, even though she has a Sprite as a daily driver.

Larry

Attachments

• 13293.jpg
    13293.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 259
  • 13294.jpg
    13294.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 261
  • 13295.jpg
    13295.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 261
OP
longbridgehealey
Country flag
Thanks, Ron!

KevinBN7

The stories people tell me at shows are one of the best parts of the day. One mid 50's gentlemen told me of the two Healey's in the garage at his fraterinty house. He was the only one who could work on the car and was able to make one good one out of two. Then a distant look and a grin came to his face and said "Man we got allot of girls with that car"

The peoples choice is the award with the greatest gratification.

Congratulations on your win!
Kevin R

OP
longbridgehealey
Country flag
Thanks, Dave - Hope you noticed your seats peeking up out of the cockpit! Got the carpet today, it looks great. (Also confusing - it will probably make sense once I have it all laid out and can think about it - I'll give you a call at that point if I have to).

Larry

OP
longbridgehealey
Country flag
Thanks, Reid. As for my wife's attire, she's a vintage clothing collector and loves to wear the vintage clothes - along with a couple of hundred hats (not all at once)! You don't see my picture because I'm more of a blue jeans/sweat shirt kind of guy. She's great for these cars, and loves them and drives them as much as I do. She introduced me to Doug Reid (whom I think you know), and he has helped tremendously over the years with the restoration.

OP
longbridgehealey
Country flag
Thanks, Kevin. The people's choice award meant a lot to us. We had a heck of a lot of fun talking to the folks all day long. You're right, the stories you hear are amazing. I don't know how many times I said to someone "Why don't you restore it and drive it". So many people had a lbc tucked away at home, and hadn't driven it for years - some over 30 years. I guess it just seems like it was so many, it was probably around four or five. Thanks again!

Larry

RobWarren

Jedi Hopeful
I wish I got a trophy everytime I parked the car. Great stuff mate - looks fantastic.

I do have one question though: Is your wife leaning on the door? Naughty girl...!

OP
longbridgehealey
Country flag
Thanks, that was the funniest thing about it, we just entered the show to get safe parking for the car.
Oh, no, she not - the car is leaning on her.....

Larry

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Larry--

Congratulations on your award--great looking car and your wife certainly graces it well.

I hope you'll be coming to the Hunt Country Classic show in Middleburg Va next Sunday. We always have a good Healey turn-out and my wife Mary is coordinating the Capital Area club's participation.

Let me know if you need any information on the show and I hope to see you there.

healeynut

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Hey all these people in the forum keep hitting on your wife. Naughty naughty!

:crazyeyes:

Congrats on the trophy. Very cool, great story!

:savewave:

AUSMHLY

Obi Wan
Country flag
Congratulations Larry! Well deserved.
Nice to hear that the peoples choice was your Healey; over all the American muscle that dominates so many a show. Here's to your hard work and attention to detail with your restoration. People acknowledge it. Congrads.
Roger

OP
longbridgehealey
Country flag
Good morning, Michael, the Healey and my wife both thank you for the compliment! We went to the Hunt Country show last year, and had planned on attending this year. However we ended up with conflicting commitments, and aren't going to be able to make it this year. Next year for sure!

Larry

OP
longbridgehealey
Country flag
Thanks, Alan..I keep telling my wife that she needs to join the Forum, she drives a 66 Sprite as her daily driver. I think she'd get all the help she needs for the car.

Larry

OP
longbridgehealey
Country flag
Thanks, Roger. We had absolutely no expectation of winning an award, it was just great to talk to the people all day long, and hear all the stories that we heard. The people's choice award made it all the more of a special day for us.

Larry

Country flag
First place/best of show is a nice trophy (looks like you deaerved it) but "best part of show" place is all the wounderful people who love old car. So you got two prizes that day.

OP
longbridgehealey
Country flag
You got that right! We're still talking about all the stories we heard, and how many people wanted to talk about the old lbc's. It was a great day.

Larry