• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

When you are out of town!

Gene

It's when you are out of town that you can really appreciate a forum like this. I left town for two weeks yesterday. In last night's hotel, I signed on and my browser started to download 78 messages! Most of them turned out to be from the E-type mailing list.

Tonight, in a different hotel with an erratic telephone connection, I signed on and my browser started to download 87 messages! After 5 disconnects and reconnects, I learned that most of them were E-type mailing lists again with guys going on and on about a tool kit that sold on Ebay days ago and about "nice weather' that occurred several days ago somewhere.

I unsubscribed from the Ejag list. Now, I can come here; look and see what's new in a flash and move on!

Thanks, Cy,

Gene

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Originally posted by Gene:
It's when you are out of town that you can really appreciate a forum like this. I left town for two weeks yesterday. In last night's hotel, I signed on and my browser started to download 78 messages! Most of them turned out to be from the E-type mailing list.

Tonight, in a different hotel with an erratic telephone connection, I signed on and my browser started to download 87 messages! After 5 disconnects and reconnects, I learned that most of them were E-type mailing lists again with guys going on and on about a tool kit that sold on Ebay days ago and about "nice weather' that occurred several days ago somewhere.

I unsubscribed from the Ejag list. Now, I can come here; look and see what's new in a flash and move on!

Thanks, Cy,

Gene

Thanks for the kind words. I still subscribe to the E list, but like you, I often feel like I get a lot of irrelevant stuff. Hard to separate the wheat from the chaff. The beauty of a forum, especially with the Ultimate Bulletin Board, is the ease of browsing through topics and being able to quickly read just what you want to and ignore the rest. One word of caution though. From my experience of another forum (which gave me the idea for this one), these forums, especially when they relate to an area of interest, can be rather addictive
bounce.gif

PS - spred the word! We need traffic!

Jeb

Hey,
As far as lists go, you can surf the archives on many of them without having to subscribe to them....

That's how I deal with a busy list if I don't want piles of posts in my inbox....

A lot of lists also supply the posts in 20K digest form....

Just the way I do some lists....

Cheers,

Jeb