• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

What my wife is writing about my baby...

LastDeadLast

Jedi Knight
Country flag
So my wife tells me that she's entering this blogging contest.. Not really a contest, but a job application to blog for this online mom's community. In order to apply you need to submit 3 potential blogs: This is one of them that she wrote. All I can say is: It's an interesting read.

[ QUOTE ]
My husband has another woman and her name is Sybil. He visits her at night while I am nursing the baby. I go into the family room where he had been watching TV, only to find him missing. He sneaks out to be with her. He spends lots of time with her on weekends too. I try my best not to get too overwhelmed with the thought of what’s going on, but it’s been eating away at me. Sybil is older, but she’s beautiful. Sybil is British and makes me feel insecure. I don’t have a sexy accent. My husband spends money on Sybil…money that could be spent on me…money that could go towards a breast reduction, liposuction, Restylane injections and some teeth whitening. The money could go towards our sons’ college funds, but instead, he uses it to get Sybil whatever she needs. And now Sybil has won my son’s heart too. Recently, he has decided that he’d like to spend more time with Daddy and Sybil. Yes, my child wants to be with the other woman.

Sybil is my husband’s project car. She came to our house almost two years ago and she has no plans on leaving. She is a two-seater…a bright red convertible. She has personalized plates that read, “VRUMVRUM” and she taunts me daily. She sits in our garage, covered with a fancy cover and she squeals with delight whenever my husband turns her on. My husband has insulated and added heaters to the garage so he could spend more time with her in the winter. There have been times when the garage is warmer than the house in February. Sybil, Sybil, Sybil…I might just have to hide your keys.

[/ QUOTE ]

G

Wow - she's a lot nicer than mine is about my baby. They just don't understand...

michalotti_tr

Jedi Knight
your wife's attitude is at least tolerant of you car - that's great! My wife decided to retaliate and get one of her own - so now we're BOTH in the garage nights and weekends! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ObiRichKanobi

Jedi Knight
Country flag
My wife can't complain about my "mistress." She told me to go get her. Something about needing a hobby other than sitting on my butt and playing computer games all night. So now I tinker and lay on the garage floor (or at least I will after the mistress gets back from the body shop getting her accident damage repaired).

Don Elliott

Obi Wan
My wife loves to go for rides and trips in my TR3A, but she won't go to car shows where we guys only talk about camshafts and water pumps. She loves trips where we can stay overnight in a B & B and visit every antique shop or trinket store in every village we drive through.

I met her when I was 15, bought the car in 1958 when I was 20, and proposed to her in February 1965 in the TR next to a snowbank in front of her house that was higher than the TR.

She puts up with me and my hobby.

Don Elliott

SkinnedKnuckles

Jedi Trainee
Ha ha - she has a good sense of humor. My ex would have written that it's too loud, messes up her hair, and smells like oil....

sammyb

Luke Skywalker
My wife loves when I spend time on the cars, because it means I'm not pestering her to be intimate!

What can I say -- my wife is like a British car -- hard to start when cold. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

R6MGS

Yoda
My wife is as sick as I am.....sometimes worse! I helped her buy her first car, a 79 Spitfire...He kinda got out of the car thing when we had kids(wonder why?) but when I pulled home the 61 MGA in 1998 she wouldn't let me sell it, so it becames 'hers'. Now I spend more time working on 'hers' than I do mine.

R

Randi

sorry guys-an MGA is a woma /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gifn's car!!She is svelt,curvy,mysterious.alluring,suprising,fast,beautiful,complicated,responds to tenderness,knows everything you say-but choses to ignore what displeases her and if your are dumb enough to take her for granted................YOUR SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!!!lOTS OF PRAISE WORKS WONDER IN A TIGHT SPOT & she commands attention from everyone who sees her! Randi-slave to her car

Trevor Triumph

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I am one fortunate guy also. My wife considers the mailer from Harbor Freight as an invitation. The Austin is her car, but my responsibility to keep running. She bought the top, Pacesetter exhaust system for my Spitfire and insisted that we use the high compression pistons, four into one headers,and European S.U.s and manifold on her Spitfire. We spent a fun day Wednesday driving to Tucson to comb the used parts emporium looking for taxi and Spitfire parts. I figure she's a treasure. T.T.

billspit

Jedi Knight
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
My wife loves when I spend time on the cars, because it means I'm not pestering her to be intimate!

What can I say -- my wife is like a British car -- hard to start when cold. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Haaaah haaaah haaaaah. Oh where this could go!

G

[/ QUOTE ] Oh where this could go!

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, here we go....

Henny Youngman..."Take my wife, Please!"

At my age, my prostate gland dictates that my car gives me as much or more pleasure, and I don't have to kiss her when I am done. But I do.

Bill

Eric

Jedi Warrior
[ QUOTE ]
Ewwwwwww...

TOO MUCH INFORMATION !!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Only about your future, kiddo......

jayhawk

Jedi Warrior
[ QUOTE ]
My wife loves to go for rides and trips in my TR3A, but she won't go to car shows where we guys only talk about camshafts and water pumps. She loves trips where we can stay overnight in a B & B and visit every antique shop or trinket store in every village we drive through.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like my wife-- doesn't come to club meetings, may spend only a brief time at a car show but lives to ride-- Mine tolerates my time when doing repairs or restoration as long as it comes in only small doses.