• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

What is the reason for this

John Moore

Luke Skywalker
That is weird! I was looking at that auction last night and didn't pick up on it, 'til now. Maybe it's some sort of truck bedliner or something for rock protection. But looks terrible in my opinion.

Or maybe the seller quickly painted it to cover the blood stains from whacking his skull! lolol

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
goatee?

bugimike

Yoda
Bleeech!!! No taste!!! I would assume that there is a reason, but I don't know what!

PeterC

Jedi Warrior
Imagine if they had continued the black down the rockers.... I've seen it!

Then you'd have to do some black at the back.... seen that too.

They probably did the bonnet first, and thought better of continuing. That's giving them the benefit of doubt.

Peter c

kcbugeye1275

Jedi Knight
Also, check out how high the rear arch is to the wheels.

Morris

Yoda
Took me a minute to spot what you where talking about. I think it creates a kind of tromp l'oeil that makes the car look very "Speed-Racer-esque." (Hey! I think I just created a new word!)

The rear arches are probably high because the photo was taken right after Speed pushed the big button in the middle of the wheel that engages the jacks. "chok-chock-chock-chock-chock..."

I wonder if he knows that Spridle and Chin Chin are in the "cave?"

Blackjokr

Jedi Warrior
Maybe he dropped his dentures..