• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

VSCDA Gingerman 2009 video

VelodromeRacer

Jedi Trainee
Hey all,
Here is a video from yesterdays race. My first of the year..
I arrived Friday afternoon, of course I should have turned around then. As I was closing in on the track, at about 30 minutes away on the interstate, and cruising along at 75 mph, I saw and almost avoided a very big driveshaft laying in the roadway! Well, not 1, but 2 flat trailer tires..but do other damage, I really had no options in avoiding it, but it was a big flash sort of moment.

After I manage to get Tucker and a tire shop nearby, I was on the road again after a 1.5 hour delay in the rain of course!

So, Tracktime, like normal, great beers and people Friday night and ready for Saturdays sessions. The big 1275 motor was a hit, she was loud and pulled strong and I managed to get quicker and quicker. We did some tuning and brought the timing from 38 to 28 degrees and my times went from 1:50 to 1:44.

Finally, I qualified 2nd for the Saturday feature...right behind a very light 950 Turner. We take the grid, and I get him on the start...and pull away, leading the first 8 laps. Of course, it cannot end there, as such stories are only in Burt Levys books! On lap 6 or so, I notice some smoke in my mirrors, but the gauges are all normal. I back off a little and she sounds just fine as well. So on lap 8, I get back on it and as I get wide in turn 2, I see that I did in fact put down some oil, and that I was now driving in it! Well, she came around real quick, and I became a daisy cutter! Went from running away with the race to last place finisher!
Of course, the battery was low to begin with and she would not refire and that was it, my first tow! Well, what we discovered was that the gearbox fill plug backed out and allowed me to lose about 3/4 of a quart of fluid. Well, after dinner, I walked the track and found the plug! So, today, after charging the battery, I got out there for practice and after 3 laps, either the clutch slave or the front gearbox seal is making a bunch of noise, so on the trailer and home we went.

Here is a video that a cousin made at the track, Tucker is talking in the background. I will post a video soon from the in car, you must see it too!

On the false grid, I turned the camera backwards, so it is a great video. I also managed to tape the RX3 that locked it's steering on the pace lap and how it almost took out the big Healey!

Enjoy, I am off to pull the engine/gearbox and get back to work for Blackhawk in 6 weeks!

Race Video

OP
VelodromeRacer

VelodromeRacer

Jedi Trainee
Here is the footage from the in-car camera...much better sound too!
Video

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Looks like fun! I had a backwards camera too last weekend (at the Jefferson 500 Vintage) but I guess the rain or vibration shut it down.

Holy Moley! That Mazda really *did* go straight!......Wonder if the pins in his steering lock mechanism were still in? (they're not supposed to be)

We have similar stories about drain plugs.
My carb has a float bowl drain plug. Weird little brass thing. It fell out somewhere while I was coming pit-in from practice and the motor conked out. I coasted to my paddock spot and made another plug from a wrong-size bolt and some JB Weld. Next morning when I was heading to the loo, I spotted the missing drain plug on the ground by complete accident. Now it's safety wired.

I have three (forward facing) vids. You can see them and photos ~HERE~ :laugh: