• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Vroom Vroom

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
:driving: :banana: :driving:

Wooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooooo

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
BTW stopped at the grocery store, was standing in line and looked out - no car. You know you have a little car when you are parked between a Cavalier and a Kia Sephia and you can't see your own car.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
:lol:

I lost sight of the Alfa a few days ago like that.

...where'd I park that thing???...

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Way back when I had a running car, I parked next to a Cadillac once. I knew the Tunebug was small, but really!

Glad to hear you're out there driving.

parked.jpg

K

KSIS

I've lost my car many times. Now I park closer to the end of the space rather than the front. Started doing that after I was walking to the spit and watched a lady try to pull into my slot as she was talking on the phone.

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
BTW it ran as solid as a rock with the rebuilt carb, a few tuning issues but that's easy.

texas_bugeye

Jedi Knight
KSIS said:
I've lost my car many times. Now I park closer to the end of the space rather than the front. Started doing that after I was walking to the spit and watched a lady try to pull into my slot as she was talking on the phone.

Geez tell me about it I was parked ina small sitting in the BE just getting ready to back out when a Chevy blazer appeared in the mirror try to share pavment with me.
I parkway out away from everbody now scared the heck out of me..

Country flag
It's simple really.....just go to your local bike shop and get one of those 7 ft flag deals with the blaze orange flags and mount to the rear bumper! No more lost or unseen cars! And what a conversation starter! LoL :smile: Ok, ok...j/k!

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Ha, the only place I will park is the handicap spots. They are very wide with good visability. There are so many here there are always some open. But then I almost never park Miss Agatha anywhere but her garage.

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Took her to church this morning - parked in the Minister's driveway.

texas_bugeye

Jedi Knight
I remember those flags! I was a recipent of a nice ticket back when for not having one on my El Tigre and speeding .

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Morris said:
Ms. Triss has risen! She has risen indeed!

You are a twisted man! I like that.

took her out for a spin tonight - had to go do some banking before tomorrow so took the long way. She ran like a trooper, except that when I turn on my signals my headlights turn off, just low beam and 2/3 of the time just a left had turn. When this came up earlier, (Kellysguy was having similar issues) the suggestion was made that it might be a ground issue. I added two grounds off the signal lights, so, tonight will be checking and rechecking my schematic. Suggestions welcome.

And, Morris I already know, Ms Triss might be risen but is not yet the light of the world :crazyeyes: (sacrilege, back in my day they sent people to h*ll for less than that, what is this world coming to. :whistle: :devilgrin: )

Morris

Yoda
JP, you have a get out of lake-of-fire free card. And may fate was sealed long before this latest bit of sacrilege, so I figure it's all a wash. :wink:

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Morris said:
JP, you have a get out of lake-of-fire free card. And may fate was sealed long before this latest bit of sacrilege, so I figure it's all a wash. :wink:

Trust me, I traded that card years ago. I think it was for a mess of potage (obscure Bible reference)

ecurie_ecosse

Luke Skywalker
JPSmit said:
Morris said:

Trust me, I traded that card years ago. I think it was for a mess of potage (obscure Bible reference)

So your other name was Esau? :angel: :jester:

Stuart. :cheers:

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
ecurie_ecosse said:
JPSmit said:
Morris said:

So your other name was Esau? :angel: :jester:

Stuart. :cheers:

Come to think of it I am both the son and the father of Jacob

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Progress. Tonight, lubed front end, filled shocks (one was mostly fine and the other needed a fair bit of oil) Tightened up front end. Note to self and others, when you've had it apart, get underneath and tighten from time to time, it's amazing what worries itself loose over even a years driving.

More to come