• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

VINTAGE TRIUMPH REGISTER - GALVESTON 10/31/2012

angelfj1

Yoda
Country flag
<span style="font-weight: bold">Enjoy!

More when I return home!</span> :banana:

VTR_Galveston_103112_IMG_7590.jpg

tinman58

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
Oh so pretty!

SteveBones

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I second what was mentioned earlier. That is one really nice TR3A. Great picture.

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Isn't it great when you are in the best spot in the world at the right time and and at least for a moment ....everything is to perfection. You enjoy.

TexasKnucklehead

Jedi Knight
Country flag
He made it, and though I didn't meet Frank on the side of the road, I did meet him on the side of the road. I met him (first) in this parking lot and again on Pier 21. Although hard to believe, his car looks better in real life than in pictures. We had a great show and the cars were impressive.

Here is a picture from the hotel window, days before the show.

Binky9

Freshman Member
I just bought a '72 TR6 a month ago, and registered a couple of weeks ago in this forum. I wish I had known about the event in Galveston. I live just 20 miles north, in League City!

I love the TR6. A friend of mine said that the exhaust note was worth half of the purchase price. :smile:

Binky9

OP
angelfj1

angelfj1

Yoda
Country flag
TexasKnucklehead said:
He made it, and though I didn't meet Frank on the side of the road, I did meet him on the side of the road. I met him (first) in this parking lot and again on Pier 21. Although hard to believe, his car looks better in real life than in pictures. We had a great show and the cars were impressive.

Here is a picture from the hotel window, days before the show.

Jerry: Where did you go after dinner? Randy and I looked for you - we wanted to take some photos.

OP
angelfj1

angelfj1

Yoda
Country flag
CJD said:
Guess that means you made it!!

John

John: This is a really nice group of TR folks. Jerry, aka, Texas Knuckle Head and his wife came to our rescue when we lost all running lights (head lights and turn signals were OK) on a dinner run one night. They followed us all the way to the restaurant in Kemah. Some of the best Mexican food I have had in a long time! Someone else followed us back to the hotel. The following morning we discovered a blown fuse in the lighting circuit. This is the fuse that is hidden behind the instrument cluster.

see below

FUSE.jpg

KVH

Darth Vader
Country flag
WOW.

How did it run from PA? A dream in that "Perfect" 3, I bet, except the running light issue.

I'll have to think about a trip like that. When's the next big event and where?

More pics would be great.

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
KVH said:
More pics would be great.

Here's a link to our club website, if you click on Frank in the picture (or any other part of the picture!) you will get to see a few shots of the convention.

Texas Triumph Register

It was a lot of fun, I hope everyone else had a good time too - my only minor downside was not enough time to meet and talk with people and check out the cars because of volunteer duties. But I did get to meet sdmac7204, quite a nice guy, as well as Frank, also a great guy to hang with.

sd80mac7204

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
There was an amazing collection of beautiful cars there... Was great until it was time to come home.

TexasKnucklehead

Jedi Knight
Country flag
angelfj said:
Jerry: Where did you go after dinner? Randy and I looked for you - we wanted to take some photos.

You were gone by the time we got done eating. We went back to the hotel and to bed. The mornings came early, and like Randy, I had more to do than I could keep up with. Still, I wish we'd have had a picture taken. I didn't meet SD at all.

The pics on the web are great. I also didn't get the time I wanted to look at the cars, or talk to the owners. But I enjoyed every minute and hope to do it again. The cars and people were impressive.

CJD

Yoda
Country flag
angelfj said:
John: This is a really nice group of TR folks. Jerry, aka, Texas Knuckle Head and his wife came to our rescue when we lost all running lights (head lights and turn signals were OK) on a dinner run one night. They followed us all the way to the restaurant in Kemah. Some of the best Mexican food I have had in a long time! Someone else followed us back to the hotel. The following morning we discovered a blown fuse in the lighting circuit. This is the fuse that is hidden behind the instrument cluster.

Now to me a road trip is only fun if it has a challenge or two along the way! The lights sound about right. Glad to hear it went well and best of luck on the return!

John