• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Group events

Photography

Very winding trip to the top

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Yesterday, SWMBO and myself drove to the top of Sandia Crest (overlooks Albuquerque ) in hopes of getting some spectacular sunset pictures. Got some pictures but far from spectacular. Just too much overcast and conditions not good for a colorful sunset I had hoped for. It was VERY cold up there! (19F indicated, but chill factor was closer to 2 below with the high winds.

Sandia Crest-1987.jpg

Sandia Crest-1994.jpg

The sparse patch about 1/3 from the right, with the small group of mountains is the eastern part of Kirtland AFB. That little clump of mountains is are the Manzano mountains, where they used to store "stuff" that was highly guarded.
Sandia Crest-1995.jpg

Local TV and radio towers on the top of the crest.
Sandia Crest-1996.jpg

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
:eek: Maybe you didn't get spectacular sunset shots but you sure got spectacular COLD looking winter ones!

My (jungle) hat is off to you, Sir!