• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Uploading Photos

DanNagy

Jedi Trainee
Hello all,

I am trying to upload photos but not having much success. First, I tried to upload an avatar. I sized the picture to 80x80 as required, but when I try to upload, it tells me that my file size is too big.

Second, I tried to upload some shots of my TR6 before restoration, and I had the same issue with the file size.

I thought file size and pixel size went hand in hand. Anyway, I don't have any idea how to shrink it down so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Hi Dan.

The avatars I just checked are around 4K. Maybe yours has a much larger filsize?

If you want a picture in your post, try to make it close to 20K. Much larger and you just get a link instead of a picture.

If you're on a Mac, just use Preview to change filesize. Choose File/Export, then Options and enter 20000 as the size.

On a Windows machine, many folks use Image Resizer, a free utility which is part of PowerToys:

https://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

Hope this helps.
Tom

abarth69

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Okay I want to try this and see what happens.

Mark

Attachments

• 7200.jpg
    7200.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 109
OP
DanNagy

DanNagy

Jedi Trainee
Yep, that worked. What I like about the resizing program is that you don't need to start up a whole new program. You just right click any photo to resize it. Schweet.

kodanja

Obi Wan
Country flag
Mark very cool site & toys

OP
DanNagy

DanNagy

Jedi Trainee
Good site, thanks. This is what my TR6 is going through right now. I also put webers on it and a free flow exhaust. It's running quite nice. I also updated to spax shocks, and put minilite rims on it. I guess that will keep me out of showing the car, but I am restoring it for me to enjoy driving. Seeing your list makes me think I should do the same. I have an extensive list as almost everything has been replaced or rebuilt. The only thing I haven't done is the steering rack, which is tight and doesn't need any work done to it, and the wiring harness which hasn't been an issue.

I see people that have put on driving lights like yours. I wanted to do this, but wondered about power issues. When I read the catalogs, it says you need to upgrade the wiring harness. Did you do this?

Thanks again for sending this along. I enjoy looking at pictures of work in progress. -d

OP
DanNagy

DanNagy

Jedi Trainee
Well, I tried to download some photos of my TR6 out and about this summer, but I am still getting an error message that they are too big. I reduced them to the 640x480, and still there was a problem. At this point, I am just too fristrated to bother any more, but will enjoy the pictures that others post.

-d

G

The easiest way to put pictures on the forum is with a free photobucket(.com) account and there is no file size limit. Copy and paste the IMG code like this in your post and you're good to go.
hdtpMedium.jpg

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
But please try to link to images that are no larger than 640 pixels wide (other wise it makes the entire post very wide and some folks then have to scroll right to read all of a post. If you must post a very large image, then post it as a link (with the URL tags instead of the image tags). That way it will put a link in your post and people can click it to open the image in a separate window, while not making the entire post 3000 miles wide /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
OK Basil, that avatar is creepy. Please stop it!

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
DanNagy said:
Yep, that worked. What I like about the resizing program is that you don't need to start up a whole new program. You just right click any photo to resize it. Schweet.

Dan - Now I'm confoozed ... back on 8/30 you said it was working for ya. When you resize to around 20K and then use File Manager, what happens? Are you sure you're really resizing?

Tom

tomshobby

Yoda
DanNagy said:
Well, I tried to download some photos of my TR6 out and about this summer, but I am still getting an error message that they are too big. I reduced them to the 640x480, and still there was a problem. At this point, I am just too fristrated to bother any more, but will enjoy the pictures that others post.

-d

Hi Dan, I use the Microsoft pic sizer also and had the same problem. I chose "advanced" and used the "custom" at 500 x 427 and that worked.

OP
DanNagy

DanNagy

Jedi Trainee
OKay Tom, that's a help. I'll give it a shot. I've been out-of-pocket since your post, and just wanted to say I appreciate your time. 500x427 -d

PS - The resizing program worked for my avatar becuase I made it a tiny post.

OP
DanNagy

DanNagy

Jedi Trainee
Alright, well, I tried that and it said it exceeded my upload limit again. I am now really done with it. The only post I can make is a tiny, tiny, picture like for my avatar. This just shouldn't be this difficult. Maybe I have some limit on my account because I am in Korea or because I am a newbie.... or I am just too dull. Probably the last, but sorry to admit it. Thanks for all your trouble. -d