• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TVR vintage racer

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Here's a TVR spotted at the ~New Hampshire Vintage~ last weekend. It was MG-powered.

bonaire-tvr.jpg

bonaire_tvr.jpg

DSC04738.jpg

OP
aeronca65t

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
That car (it's a 1962) belongs to a fellow named Randy Clark. I wouldn't really say I know Randy, but I've raced against him a few times.

He wrote a nice description of vintage racing from the perspective of driving his particular car ~HERE~

I'll most likely see him again at the Pittsburgh Vintage, the Thunderbolt Historics (NJ) and/or the VRG Watkins Glen vintage event.

Twosheds

Darth Vader
aeronca65t said:
That car (it's a 1962) belongs to a fellow named Randy Clark. I wouldn't really say I know Randy, but I've raced against him a few times.

He wrote a nice description of vintage racing from the perspective of driving his particular car ~HERE~

Hey, I took the photos for that article!

Here's a photo of Randy that he didn't put in the article.

Randy wanted me to take photos for his article about New Hampshire, but I couldn't go. He was under the mistaken impression that I have a TVR! Maybe that was because I was at Shenandoah with Rich Rock, who hillclimbs a Vixen.

The very first Vixen is still in my shed, but it's not my car.

Attachments

• 11582.jpg
    11582.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 304

billspohn

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I can't really tell from the pictures whether that is a Mk 2 or a Mk 3 Grantura. For his sake I hope the latter as the early VW suspension cars are a pig to drive.

The Mk 3 makes a very nice race car and it is a bit lighter than the later cars.

Mine is happily racing in Europe now (I think this is Zandvoort) Don't ask me why they have jacked up the ride height that much.....

esper1.jpg

Lovely cars, I want one.

PATR8

Jedi Knight
Nial,

I was reading up on the PGH Vintage GP and it seems to me that the race at Beaver Run is two weeks after the race in Schenely Park. Is that right? If you need some help once you get here, if I am around, please let me know

OP
aeronca65t

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Hi Pat,

According to the VRG website, the BeaveRun part of the PVGP is on July 11-13. We're already pre-registered for it and have a hotel room booked (I saved $100 by registering for the race early). The BeaveRun event is run by VRG, a club I'm a member of.

More info on the VRG schedule:
https://www.vrgonline.org/schedule.htm

The actual PVGP "street race" in Shenley Park is on July 19-20. It's run by the VSCCA. My present car is not eligible for the Shenley Park event (too new), but I will probably build an older car that will be truly VSCCA-legal over the next year. There is a week of various stuff going on in Pittsburgh between the two events (like car shows, rallys, a blacktie gala, cruise night, etc). I wish we could hang out for the week but Lin has to get back to work.

I've thought about us running back in the MGB for the July 19-20 weekend, but I'm already dragging her all over the east coast in '08.
I don't want to push my luck. :jester:

More info on the PVGP/VSCCA schedule:
https://www.pittsburghvintagegrandprix.com/674693121913514/site/default.asp

Yeah, if you're there, be sure to stop by and see us.
Micheal Oritt with the white Elva racecar (from BCF) and Dave ("whatsthatnoise", also from BCF) with the red Elva street car will probably be there too. Maybe others from BCF...it might be worth trying to figure out who's coming.

PATR8

Jedi Knight
I think I actually was combine two different years dates. I will definately be there, I love the Beaver Run days. I like the fun of the Schenely Park days but the racing is more fun in Bever Run. You ought to have a sign in at your "Pit" to see how many BCF people you can confirm stopped by.