• This "Local Events" forum is expressly for posting local events that would be of interest to British car enthusiasts. You post an event in the same way that you would post a regular thread. Be sure your event post includes:
    • Title of the Event
    • Location of Event
    • Date(s) of the Event
    • Point of contact for Event
    • Website, Facebook Link, etc., if available
    IMPORTANT: Be sure to add the event to our Events Calendar. It's easy - WATCH VIDEO to learn how.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Tucson Arizona -- Tucson British Car Roundup 2/29+

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
Hey Forum Friends... here's a heads up about an premiere event in sunny Tucson. The host hotel is a great facility and Feb-Mar is a beautiful time to be in the desert.

A bonus is that we have had a wet December so it looks like the Sonoran Desert may have one of those too-rare wildflower years.

Hope to meet you there!

What is it?
The Tucson British Car Roundup is a gathering of British Car enthusiasts who enjoy driving, showing, working on or just talking about their classic British motorcars.

When is it?
February 29 through March 2, 2008

What happens there?
The three day (plus) event will include twisty desert drives to interesting locations in the Tucson area, a car show to present and enjoy our cars, a Fun Rallye to test our patience, driving skill and luck and of course plenty of opportunities to enjoy the company of British car friends new and old.

Why haven't I heard about this before, has it been going on a long time?
The 2008 gathering will be the first Roundup. Be at this one and you can brag for years to come that you were there right from the start.

Where does the Roundup take place?

The host hotel for the Roundup is the Holiday Inn Palo Verde, conveniently located just North of I-10 at exit 264.

Registration and more info here:

https://tucsonbritish.com/Roundup.aspx

OP
Geo Hahn

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
YESSSS!

It would be great to see you there.

The facility we're using is a very nice one -- we were fortunate to get a reasonable rate ($99/night) seeing as this is the peak season for visiting here. My 'job' for the weekend is the Friday morning drive and tour of the Desert Museum. We also have a pleasant setting for the Saturday show that gets us away from the hotel and into the desert. There's an email contact on the website for more info on the Roundup but you or anyone wanting more info are also welcome to contact me directly at ahwahnee-at-cybertrails-dot-com.

Dale

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Hello George,
Renee and I are looking forward to seeing you there and if Basil makes it that would be an extraordinary plus. Our snow has finally melted, though just North of us in Durango they still have lots piled up. It will be great to get out of it and into the sun. 'Til then. Dale

OP
Geo Hahn

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
Don't think Basil will be there. Too bad -- with full sunshine and highs in the 80s all weekend it should be a pleasant scene. See you Thursday... I'll be easy to find as Kathleen & I have the registration table that evening.

tiga2

Jedi Trainee
..Hmmm, thinking of going, not with the Healey, but a fast trip in the Jag, is it too late to sign up and get a room??

Healeysince59

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Here's some info from the registration packet:

"......The Holiday Inn Palo Verde is our official Roundup site, conveniently
located near Interstate-10, and offers a long list of amenities plus a
discounted hotel rate for Roundup guests ($99 per night + taxes).
Call directly to the Holiday Inn Palo Verde at 1-520-746-1161 and
mention “Roundup 2008” to the reservation agent. The priority hotel
reservation deadline is January 31st; after that date, the rate is effective
only if rooms are available.
To join us, please complete the enclosed Roundup 2008 registration
form. The TBCR website
(https://tucsonbritish.com) has the same information you’ll find in this
packet, but the website will be updated with any changes and news
prior to the Roundup. If you still have questions, please don’t
hesitate to contact us:
E-mail: TBCRoundup2008@yahoo.com
Phone: Christine Erkman, Registration Chairperson
(520) 743-9277......."

Recommend you call the hotel about a room then call Christine and see if last minute registration is a problem.

Marv J