• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TRs hiding in garages still out there!

skikir

Jedi Hopeful
got these on an other unrelated board when I posted my counterintimidation device.
166yyis.jpg

166zm07.jpg

https://i3.tinypic.com/166zqpv.jpg

jerrybny

Jedi Knight
I am sure there are a lot more British cars sitting in garages and barns out there. Hopefully they will get resuced before they rust away. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

tomshobby

Yoda
I know they are out there. I recently found a TR3 that the owner purchased new and has it sitting in his garage. I am working on buying it and he said when he is ready he will call. I think it might take a little time, after all he has kept it all these years, but will eventually be mine.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
I think it might take a little time, after all he has kept it all these years, but will eventually be mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wayne, from "Wayne's World", speaking of Cassandra:

"Oh yes, she will be MINE!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

There's a TR4 peeking out from a carport here that I've had my eye on. Just sitting there...

Mickey

Andrew Mace

Staff member
Country flag
Wow! Any idea where these two are located? Both are fairly early examples, particularly the Herald, which appears to be a '61 model (948cc, twin-carb).

Reminds me of one Herald I bought several years ago out of Central Pennsylvania. One owner, titled 1962. Driven by wife for about 7-8 years and only about 50,000 miles. Then she left her husband, and left the car in his garage. It stayed there over 30 years until the husband died and the house went up for sale. Unfortunately, the dirt floor and dampness took their toll on the chassis, although it's repairable, and various brake and fuel lines. Body itself is basically just fine. And the car is 98% ORIGINAL: paint, interior, top, etc. and even one of the five tires (wide whitewall Dunlop Gold Seal). Looks like the one in "your" picture might be of similar status.

Flinkly

Jedi Trainee
i found my triumph in a storage unit "garage"...does that count? everyone had pretty much forgotten about it, except the check to pay for it.

OP
S

skikir

Jedi Hopeful
THE POSTERS LOCATION INDICATED COLUMBUS(?) TEXAS. HAD MKIV/1500 TOO. NOTICE TRACTOR IN BACKGOUND AND "SPITOON" BY FRONT WHEEL OF HEROLD. "GOOD 'OL BOY"

T

TRDejaVu

My "new" 62 TR4 is just being woken up after a barn-nap that started in 1978.

I know that won't be the longest that a car has "disappeared", so how about seeing who has the record amongst this group.

R6MGS

Yoda
My TC was in storage from 1964 to 2002(when i bought it)...so thats 38 years, anyone got more?

I tend to end up with alot of cars that have been sitting some time. Usually around 10 years or less.

T

TRDejaVu

R6MGS, I just noticed where you're from. I used to live in Erin Mills and then Waterdown, before moving down to PA. Is Hazel still the Mayor?

R6MGS

Yoda
Wow! Erin Mills is like 2 minutes from me!....Yup old Hazel is still mayor....she was hit by a pickup truck about a year ago...But she's still alive and ticking.

T

TRDejaVu

I expect that the pickup truck came off worse; you don't mess with Hazel.

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
The racing Spridget (below) sat in a garage for about 13 years. The tires were all flat and stuck to the concrete. We had to pry the car up off the ground with a 2X4 before we could "skid" it (no wheels turning) onto the trailer.
One of the con-rods had escaped out of the side of the engine too....it was a mess.

A local guy saw my car in the yard two years ago and told me his Dad had died and left a similar car in their garage for about 11 years. It was in nice shape, so I went over and bought it....now my brother owns it.

My friends have kidded me about having a "touch" for finding abandoned green Spridgets.
I'm working on a TR4 right now...and another green Spridget.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
My TR2 has reportedly been sitting since 1961.
My Jag was last registered in 68

TR_JOE250

Country flag
In garages, in barns, under trees, they are out there my friends. I drove past this 73 Spitfire for over a year befor finaly stoping to ask about it. About 45 min. and $500 later it became my fathers day gift to myself. It was covered with a tarp under a tree. Now it's in my barn. Keep your eyes and ears open and good things can happen. Yes Virgina, there is a Santa Claus.

Attachments

• 229419-Jul02116.JPG
    229419-Jul02116.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 45

TR_JOE250

Country flag
In garages, in barns, under trees, they are out there my friends. I drove past this 73 Spitfire for over a year befor finaly stoping to ask about it. About 45 min. and $500 later it became my fathers day gift to myself. It was covered with a tarp under a tree. Now it's in my barn. Keep your eyes and ears open and good things can happen. Yes Virgina, there is a Santa Claus.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif Joe

Attachments

• 229420-Jul02116.JPG
    229420-Jul02116.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 46