• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A TR3 floors

BRSLimited

Jedi Trainee
Just wondering if anyone has delt with the floor pans available on ebay. The price sure seems great at $70 each and they say they are made just like the originals.

AEW

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Not exactly an answer for you, but... A year or so ago I exchanged email with the Ebay seller and asked about the design of the parts. At that time (not now)they were flat edged in the center and needed welded onto the old tunnel flange. I decided to wait and think on it for a while. I had previously bought a passenger side floor from VB. It is not the same as an original floor. The reinforcements are 'V' notches instead of beadrolled channels. Probably not a big deal. The local LBC service folks I rely on said they use flat steel sometimes cut to fit.

Country flag
I bought a set of floor pans from the guy a couple of months ago. Was a little disappointed with the quality. They are a little rough with the stamping. Metal is a little thicker but for the money I would buy another set from them. If you are doing a show car then I wouldn't get them. If you buy a set ask for a discount. I got both with shipping to ALA for $150

Marv

OP
B

BRSLimited

Jedi Trainee
I'm not building a concourse car by any means, just a driver but I do have 2 of them. I'm doing a 58 TS23679 and a 62 TCF625. The 58 will be more a car done to my liking, the 62 will be as original as possible but again just a driver not a concourse car.

donbmw

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
I made my own floors. Used poster board to make a templet of the shap. Cut out sheet metal with extra 1 inch for the flange.

Don

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
If the ebay ones are still the floors from Classic 2 Current I think they are pretty good - haven't put them in yet of course, but the extra thickness in my mind is a plus. I think they are missing the captive nuts for seats, but that isn't a big deal in my case. Also, they now I believe are fully stamped to handle the tunnel flange area better. Even the ones from British Motor Heritage had issues, and I'm not sure you can get them easily anyway.

OP
B

BRSLimited

Jedi Trainee
I had got a set of them for a TR250 from C2C and quickly found they arn't really useable. Thats why I question the ones for a TR3.

OP
B

BRSLimited

Jedi Trainee
Thanks for the link. After reading that it makes me feel a little better about the floors. I think I'll give them a shot and order a pair in the next couple weeks. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

john283

Freshman Member
Country flag
I put these in about a year ago. They are not a full length pan but I was able to line up the indents to get it to look pretty good. I reshaped and rewelded the flange by the transmission tunnel and had to move the emergency hole over a bit and make indents where the pans mount to the outriggers. All and all they don't look too bad with a bit of effort.

mgbmedic

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I bought a set from ebay, they are worthless...i still have them...i'll sell them to u for half just tk get my money back.

CJD

Yoda
Country flag
mgbmedic said:
I bought a set from ebay, they are worthless...i still have them...i'll sell them to u for half just tk get my money back.

With salesmanship like that, don't know how he could resist!

LOL

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
They are from Classic 2 Current? I haven't looked that hard at the ones I have, but I didn't see huge issues. What are the problem areas?

OP
B

BRSLimited

Jedi Trainee
The problems that I see on the TR4/6 pans are where the inner sill and the floor meet isn't done quite right so they don't fit together right. There is also no flange where the trans tunnel mounts. I'm sure they can be made to work but for what I'm using them on they arn't good enough for me or the owner of the car.