• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Tornado`gas saver

66 fhc

Jedi Hopeful
Has any one tried this gizmo thats advertised on speed channel? Any luck with other products out there? Gas is back up to 1.60 a gallon here in San Diego and rising.
Tx Scott

OP

66 fhc

Jedi Hopeful
Unfortunately my work requires I drive about 100 miles a day on average, so even a small improvment would eventully add up. I drive a toyota tundra 4x4 which gets about 14 mpg now . If I could get it up to 16 or 17 I'd be happier.
Basil... what mileage does your E type get? or as they say " If you have to ask , you can't afford it"
nopity.gif

William

Darth Vader
I've heard that most of the time, the "improvement" those sorts of devices make is pretty minimal. I've no hard facts about the Tornado, except that I vaguely recall a thread about it over at Miata.net. I'm a rather old fashioned person, so when the gas prices get high, I usually just drive a bit more sedately, or ride a bike. Just my .02
-William

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 66 fhc:
Unfortunately my work requires I drive about 100 miles a day on average, so even a small improvment would eventully add up. I drive a toyota tundra 4x4 which gets about 14 mpg now . If I could get it up to 16 or 17 I'd be happier.
Basil... what mileage does your E type get? or as they say " If you have to ask , you can't afford it"
nopity.gif
<hr></blockquote>

Well, if memory serves (it been a while since my E was running), but if I drove normally, I would get about 20-22 MPG). I suspect your driving style and how much in town versus highway miles would make a difference.