• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

To Busy!

Norton47

Jedi Warrior
Hi
Been to busy at work and at home.
Here are some photo's, now that the camera is back, of the '75 Spit I am working on.

Trying to do a preservation type clean up. I am replacing the engine with a rebuilt one, I have had the trans rebuilt and the overdrive serviced. The trans had a bad cluster and was replaced with one out of the 3 rail trans I got when I bought the rebuilt engine. Drive shaft has new u-joints and is balanced.
The floors were wire brushed and POR-15ed.
The battery box corners had been eaten out by acid or rust. Treated those and then patched with POR-15 and fiberglass. Works slick and seems very solid. A liner will go in.
I cleaned up the rusty stuff from the usual brake fluid spills on the shelf and stripped and painted the brake and clutch pedals and boxes. New Brass re-sleeved Master cylinders for clutch and brake, along with a slave for the clutch.
I sprayed the lower part of the firewall with a undercoat from Dynatron called Dyna-Pro. It's a paintable rubberized type.
I am thinking about doing the backside of the front valance and bumper with it also.
Repainted the brackets, wiper motor and water valve braket.
I cleaned, sandblasted and re-plated all the fasteners.
I got the hard top for a very low price and the previous owner is also selling a overdrive tranmission, he wants $425 for it. If you are interested, https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/925352471.html. My wife bought and picked up the hard top for me while I was on travel. She thought he was a nice honest guy. The top was as advertised.
The hardtop is rust free, the liner has a tear but the seals are in pretty good shape and all the mounting hardware was there, except for the long holddowns, you use when the rag top is removed. What a great color match! Do ya see me? :>)
I have been doing some checks on the engine and there is god black molyB grease on the rockers and pushrods. My machinist says that's a very good sign. He claims that regular assembly lube is great, but engines that set a long time before being installed can suffer from it literally evaporating. MolyB wont.
I am going to check the a couple bearings but it it's greased to will probably button it back up.
I got a set of Dual 1.5" SU carbs and manifold and the European style exhaust to replace the Weber DOCE and cheap header. The Weber seemed to run fine on the old engine, but I the SU's are more correct and will provide enough spit.
I also have a brand new Weber downdraft and Cannon manifold that came with this rebuilt engine. I want to sell it. PM me is you are interested. I have been spending way to much money.
Also snuck one photo of my '46 Norton parts in, just back from the painter. Don't make great Living room decor. I will post some more on the bike site soon.

The TR6 has been running great. I have been driving to work and back.
Have a great Thanksgiving, I know I have a lot to be thankful for.
WoW did I type all that.

OP
N

Norton47

Jedi Warrior
Don
I think it will pass and it will still let me buy parts.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
That is all that is important.
Oh, occasionally a few trinkets for the misses too!

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
I know that you took that picture and got those parts out of that living room BEFORE your wife got back home.........

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
are you kidding. Get the parts out of the living room. He probably had to move the Norton and the Honda to lay them out. :devilgrin:

OP
N

Norton47

Jedi Warrior
Naw, Don the Norton and the Honda are in the Library nook and no Paul the parts are still there. The painter's took way longer than planned and has less than ideal heating. So I want them to cure up well.
I am having to take her out for Thanksgiving Dinner this year.
Thank God the nephew and niece are visiting my brother in laws Mom for Thanksgiving.
I have to travel overseas over the holiday and when I get back I will start putting the bike together.
So the Spit may have to wait.
Thanks for the replies guys, I was thinking I had committed some kind of LBC faux pas with my post. Every body looking and no one talking.

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Project looks good. Keep us posted. Have a safe trip too!