• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Title: AH Carpet installation video?

Bock62

Category: 3000
Am a new member w/ newly-aquired 63 BJ-7. Since it had no carpeting, bought carpet kit from Moss. When inquired for tech help for install, was told they sell an installation video, but video out of stock now.
Installation video sounds great-- wish to do the install right the first time. Moss Tech Rep thought AH clubs have a copy that they loan out. Does anyone know if this is true & if so can you help me locate/borrow one? (I have worked (unsucessfully with my local/Natl club)
Of course, will pay ship costs.

Dave Richards

Jedi Knight
Country flag
If I had one, you'd be welcome to it...welcome to the forum and congratulations on the BJ7.

Johnny

Darth Vader
Country flag
Bock62 said:
(I have worked (unsucessfully with my local/Natl club)
That's rather surprising, and alarming, to hear. Usually most clubs, especially National clubs, are more than ready to help out. Have you joined one?
BTW I've only done one carpet installation and didn't find it to difficult. I put the frontal area in first, then the forward end (that the tranny cover butts up against), then the rear bulkhead area, then the sill covers. Leave about an inch or more extending into the floor pans, finally lay the floors down. Consult either the concourse guide's, or a restoration book for reference. Oh, all but the floor covers and tranny cover get's glued down. You should be able to remove the floor carpet and the tranny cover for when it gets wet. Use the snaps provided in the kit.
Good luck, and welcome to the Forum.

OP
B

Bock62

Thanks for response(s). Yes I could play DVD.
Have been waiting to install, but may start on the firewall/ footwell areas this week anyway :smile:.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Johnny said:
Use the snaps provided in the kit.
Maybe I’m a little heavy handed, but I found the rings would start cutting through the carpet just before the tangs would engage the female snap. I think I’ll use Velcro next time for the floor carpets. Anyone else encounter that problem?

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Nope Greg, have not had that problem. However, I used Velcro glued in place on the Daimler and the heat caused the glue to soften and the carpet to come loose.--Keoke ?

OP
B

Bock62

Thanks for your response. Actually the local club (SO CAL Assn) <u>has</u> been helpful, just havent been successful w/finding video/DVD(?)thru local or AH America.

Patton

Jedi Warrior
If I remember right that was a Moss produced video, so they would have been the only one to sell it. Not all of the clubs, local or national, keep a library so I can see why you are having trouble.

As bandwidth and storage become easier to come by, I would think that online howto videos start becoming avaible before too long. The production values may or may not be great, but video cameras at the various club tech sessions could create quite a resourse.

Patton

Patton

Jedi Warrior
Patton said:
As bandwidth and storage become easier to come by, I would think that online howto videos start becoming avaible before too long. The production values may or may not be great, but video cameras at the various club tech sessions could create quite a resourse.

Patton

It looks like the time is now. Look at this Lotus guy's posting on Google Video

https://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7410026744588925312

Tom R3

Freshman Member
Check out Rich Chrysler's article on carpet installation at jamesfwerner.com. I found it to be very helpful.
Tom

OP
B

Bock62

Thanks, Tom
Thats a <u>great</u> site & I think plenty of install detail for me to get started! If hit a snag, will query again or locate one of the local owners & ask for a peek.
PS Wonder if all users know about Jim's detailed information? Perhaps its on the inop link to left.....