• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

this seems odd...

joeq

Jedi Hopeful

Dave Russell

Yoda - R.I.P
Gold
It probably depends on the defininition of "excellent condition". Car sellers have a higher opinion of condition than buyers do. How good can a 37 year old unrestored car be? A lot of parts die from old age, especially things made of rubber or fabric. Don't even consider structural rust. All expensive to repair.
D

ThomP

Jedi Warrior
I didn't notice that the ad claimed "unrestored" anywhere. Is does say it used to be green. Sometimes you can find a bargain, but I would go look, first-hand, prior to putting up my money.

Dave Russell

Yoda - R.I.P
Gold
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't notice that the ad claimed "unrestored" anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]
It didn't. Maybe a wrong assumption on my part. However, if I was selling a restored car I would certainly mention it in bold type & ask more money for it.
D

Country flag
What is with the stuff on the center console. Did it go high tech? Original? I think not. Leads me to wonder what is under the bonnet.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
HI All, I have had additional pictures added to the site go take another look I do not know why it has not been sold. No I have no interests in the car. However, if you want one to restore I think this is a bargain.-FWIW--Keoke /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif

ThomP

Jedi Warrior
[ QUOTE ]
What is with the stuff on the center console. Did it go high tech? Original? I think not. Leads me to wonder what is under the bonnet.

[/ QUOTE ]

High tech circa 1964, not as in original, just look at the console for a 1964 GTO for instance. As to what's under the bonnet; dirt, grime and a (most likely) tired old Healey engine. Still MIGHT be a bargain IMHO. Alas, my garage is full, so I won't be taking this one in.

Healey 100

Jedi Warrior
I don't see anything too odd about this car. The price is hardly a giveaway either. I suspect this is a decent driver that has been reasonably well cared for --- but it probably needs lots of work to be concours or even just a very good BJ8.

I think the community is a bit blinded by the 60K restored to the max BJ8's out there. They do not suggest that a run of the mill decent Healey ought to sell for 35K.

I'll bet this car sells for the advertised price or close too it. But if it were offered for 35K, it would just sit there like so many of the Healey's we see on E-Bay day after day.

See you on the road!
Bill.

ThomP

Jedi Warrior
And I was thinking this might be a 10 footer for less than $20K. A pretty good deal.

Has anyone, besides me, noticed that the cars that are offered in the Club magazines seem to tend toward being bargains? I know the ad is usually a short description and small photo, but what I often see seems to be a 5 foot car for 20 foot price. Maybe, I just expect that if the person is in a club he/she will take better care than the dealer down the raod.

Dave Russell

Yoda - R.I.P
Gold
[ QUOTE ]

Has anyone, besides me, noticed that the cars that are offered in the Club magazines seem to tend toward being bargains?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes - I have noticed the same thing. Club sellers are not motivated to make the largest profit possible, they don't have overheads to pay, & don't have professional experience at stretching the truth or covering up flaws.
D

bradal

Jedi Hopeful
I bought my car 12 years ago from an ad in the "Chatter" and realized that was the case back then. I'm happy at the thoughts that it is still so. The club members are less interested in making a fortune from one single sale than is the case with other sales venues. AL Bradley

Bugeye58

Yoda
Re: more oddness

Right! Somebody has done WAY too many drugs!
"Museum condition", with a 1275 in it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Jeff

ThomP

Jedi Warrior

Maybe the significant other in his life said: "SELL IT", so he's trying to satisfy their desires....

catfood

Jedi Knight

You would think that if he had spent $50,000+ on a car he would get the spelling right!