• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

The SILENT Treatment

CZ_Dave

Jedi Warrior
My bride says to me in a sing song kind of way,
"Who is Frank"
I look at her in bewilderment, Idonknow, I answer.
Bride says to me, "Well he called, and said he would like to come by on Friday, and he is going to, he said, talk to you about picking IT up." Oh? I said, acting stupid, palms starting to sweat, "It? I ask.
She says, "when I asked him about it, he said that he has to get IT out of there, and he wanted to know what you would give for IT, what's IT?"
Look, baby, I'm not going to lie to you, he has a 1978 MGB, and I wanted the wheels for one of my cars, the price is not agreed upon, but I think I can get it for alot less than I would pay for the wheels,and, Look honey, I even get the whole car, for parts, you know,and besides, he is loosing the house, he has to get IT out of there this weekend.
She says, "look out back, do you see that?, and out front, what do you see?"
So I told her, I see a nice green manicured lawn, and room enough for 1 more MGB in the driveway. That was at noon today.
She has not spoke to me since.
Gosh, am I enjoying the peace and quiet.

bob67bgt

Jedi Knight
You have it bad...real bad...No cure. At least none that we actually are looking to hear. Enjoy the new MG heading your way. Bob

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Wow -- I'm impressed and in awe. :jester:

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
My line is usually "I just want to go LOOK at this car....".

- Doug

Billm

Yoda
Country flag
My line is "I am going out to look at some MG parts". Sometimes I come back with a "car full" of parts :smile:
BillM

boxofparts

Country flag
I did the same on Saturday. I went to look at some car parts and brought home the entire car. I am currently painting the hall way in the house as punishment. Bathroom cabinets, countertop and sink next, followed by walkout basement paneling and brick fireplace paint.

Being the engineer.. I have been able to but off this probjet with the statement that paneling and brick rarely need paint.

See Texas car in Michigan post if you need a good 1979 MGB body.

Would you blame me.. 2 miles from my house, Craigslist MGB with NEW PECO Header and Exhaust, Webber Carb and OD Trans. 2 Engines and spare trans.

The color we chose for the hall 2 years ago was too dark accoring to the wife. Good thing I had spare gallon of white.. Brown is now tan and everybody is happy.