• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Thank you Randy Forbes!!!

richberman

Jedi Warrior
Randy,

I just wanted to publicly thank you for photo documenting so much of a Healey restoration. Having never done this before I have just rebuild my rear axle, hubs, and brakes and numerous times used your photographs as a reference. The comments and pictures showing bottles and tubes of lubricants/sealants/etc are most valuable.

My only problem was easily finding those pictures which ultimately were so helpful. I scrolled through hundreds of nice BMW pictures.... I was wondering if there is a table of contents somewhere to make it easier. My next project is the front suspension and steering after I attach the rear suspension.

thanks again,
Rich
'57 Longbridge BN4, epoxy gray for another few weeks, then Aston Martin California Sage.

Country flag
I thought you were trying to reverse-psychology me into getting your stub-axles done (note: it won't work).

Good news/bad news: *my* IT guy is working on a new server/software, etc (way over my head) and if I work hard enough with it, it'll have a search function.

Unfortunately, that means I'll have to title (even if just generalazations) some 20,000 pictures.

The bad news, is once that server goes online, all the pictures I've put up on dozens of message boards like this one, will go to dead links. The pictures will still exist, but not in the posts.

Bummer, eh?

TimK

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
Hey Randy, we don't care about the BMW ones, just catalog the Healey ones!

JodyFKerr

Jedi Knight
Randy,

Sounds like I need to talk with your "IT guy". It's a fairly easily solvable problem. The passpharase to talk to him is "Technology is never the problem, people are"

:smile:

Jody

OP
richberman

richberman

Jedi Warrior
Randy,
I was not trying to guilt you into finishing my axle hubs! Although I would like them in a month or so if possible.

As far as the search capability, that would be great. I agree with TimK....start with the Healey pics. :wink:

I also agree with Jody that the old links should be able to be kept alive even if there is just a duplicate set on the web.

Maybe Basil can host the old pictures and there can be a pointer to forward the old links to the BCF hosted site?

thanks again,
rich
P.S. Where do the pictures for the front suspension start? Any pictures of converting my BN4 front drums to disks? AH Spares did not include directions with their kit.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Well just tell your it guy to copy the picture files to the new set up don't move them then you may be alright????--Keoke

andrea

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Hi Randy
I must <span style="font-weight: bold">send you my tribute</span> recently me and my mechanic have
rebuild the side shift gearbox and the Overdrive of my 100/6 BN4
and thousands(451) your photos was one strong help in the operation
I have send one Google album "reserved" to my mechanic and their
notebook was constantly open in the shop- tanks -your OD and gearbox photos are in a safe memory at 10000 km of distance
https://picasaweb.google.com/searunner44/CAMBIOEOVERDRIVE?authkey=Gv1sRgCML4s4PVuauTugE#
and TANKS also to Thaddeus and Boras and others photographs that I don't remember
I have make also others album dedicated to the LUCAS DM6 DISTRIBUTOR
https://picasaweb.google.com/searunner44/SPINTEROGENO?authkey=Gv1sRgCJ7316evq7XUhgE#
and to HD6 Carbs
https://picasaweb.google.com/searunner44/RICOSTRUZIONECARBURATORIAustinHealey?feat=directlink
the WEBER CARBS MOD
https://picasaweb.google.com/searunner44/WEBERCarburatori?authkey=Gv1sRgCLil5Obb05-owAE#
ROTARY CAGE
https://picasaweb.google.com/searunner44/ROTARYSUPPORT?authkey=Gv1sRgCKPE5bfv4_etLw#
HEAD and BLOCK identification points
https://picasaweb.google.com/searunner44/MOTOREPuntiDiIdentificazione#
I have collect a lot of other photographs material inherent AH cars present on the web
Sorry most descriptions are in Italian
Albums are not PUBLIC due obvious problems of copyrights
BUT are at the disposition of AH community for private
and limited use
Andrea

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
TimK said:
:lol: The BMW guys will say just the opposite of course. I don't know which way I'd vote (if voting was allowed) :laugh:

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Well what ever you came up with I would probably :iagree:

Country flag
GregW said:
TimK said:
:lol: The BMW guys will say just the opposite of course. I don't know which way I'd vote (if voting was allowed) :laugh:
Well you know, there are a lot fewer Healey albums, and the BMW stuff is the same thing over, and over, and over again.

But THANK YOU, everyone; I'm just glad to know that you find them useful in your own projects.

As most of my pictures are watermarked, I don't have any problem with them being reposted to this, or other forums.

Country flag
NIB said:
I have also found Randy´s galleries very useful. I decided to copy his idea and take pictures of my own small projects.
If anyone is interested you can have a look at

https://healey.850r.dk/albums/Picture%20Album/album/index.html

Comments are welcome.
I'll say, right down to having an X5 in the background :wink:

I hope you've cleaned all that debris out of the rear fenders; that's how the rust starts (the dirt holding moisture in constant contact with the steel).

NIB

Randy Forbes said:
NIB said:
I have also found Randy´s galleries very useful. I decided to copy his idea and take pictures of my own small projects.
If anyone is interested you can have a look at

https://healey.850r.dk/albums/Picture%20Album/album/index.html

Comments are welcome.
I'll say, right down to having an X5 in the background :wink:

I hope you've cleaned all that debris out of the rear fenders; that's how the rust starts (the dirt holding moisture in constant contact with the steel).

I clean the fenders with a water hose and blow it afterwards with compressed air regulary. Perhaps there is a better way?
Im just a happy amateur, with not that much experience working with cars, so I´m open to all suggestions.

The X5 was the dealers private car, guess he earns to much. :smile: