• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

T-Series TF Breather Hose Clamps

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
It has come to light that Abington changed the hose clips on the TFs breather hoses due to the hose leaking oil on the valve cover pipe. I don't think they were used on the TDs. This hasn't been confirmed as fact, but I'm working on it. Here's the clip, a Jubilee, that supposedly replaced the original wire ones on the TF breather pipe only. Interesting. It is also noted there might be a Jaguar connection, possibly the 120s with the Jubilee clips and possibly other British cars of that era as well. They probably would have been used more freely if the cost wasn't so high compared to the wire ones. PJ

The clamp in question;

Jubilee16-22a.jpg

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I ordered a box of 10 from the manufacture and they haven't come yet. It's been two weeks. They were paid and a receipt was forwarded, but no clips. They are looking into it for the reason I haven't received them. Hopefully I'll have them soon. PJ

Grantura_MKI

Darth Vader
Gold
Silver
Country flag
Have them buy the bunches. You will find the "wire" clips are used for coolant/water hose to pipe connections. What number clip are you after?

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
D, Thanks for taking an interest, but at the present time, the Jubilee people are supposed to be working on the order. Seems like I'm dealing with two departments and the right doesn't know what the left is doing. I'll keep you in mind if this doesn't work out. Yes, I know the appropriate clamps and which goes where, that's why I'm so adamant in using the Jubilee's on the breather hoses, in fact, my son, who is in the aircraft repair business, is checking on the aircraft certified Jubilee clips, as some of them have the cheese head screws as the originals. Only thing with them is, their all stainless and the originals weren't. Incidentally, the wire clamps on the market aren't as original either and very poorly made, amongst other things, they have the wrong screws in them. I replaced the nut head screws with dome heads as original. Most people wouldn't think about this. Here's a photo. PJ

WireClipA2.jpg

Grantura_MKI

Darth Vader
Gold
Silver
Country flag
Typical of most repo's, I am afraid. I purchase the clips when in the UK from a hardware shop that is a dealer. I have the display rack along with boxes of clips with sizes right up to fuel filler hose.
Please let me know!

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Well, I received my new Jubilee clips for the vent pipe. Their not cheese heads as original, but that's pretty much the only difference. PJ

VentPipe.jpg

bigjones

Jedi Warrior
Bronze
Country flag
PAUL161 said:
...the wire clamps on the market aren't as original either and very poorly made...

Paul,
Apart from the incorrect screw, what other issues did you have with these repro clamps?
Cheers

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
bigjones said:
PAUL161 said:
...the wire clamps on the market aren't as original either and very poorly made...

Paul,
Apart from the incorrect screw, what other issues did you have with these repro clamps?
Cheers

Nothing really. It's just that appearance wise, the wires aren't cut to the same length and look a little off from the originals. I also found that lubricating the screw threads with a very thin film of lithium grease brushed on helps get them tighter with less effort. PJ

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
PAUL161 said:
bigjones said:
PAUL161 said:

Paul,
Cheers

Nothing really. It's just that appearance wise, the wires aren't cut to the same length and look a little off from the originals. I also found that lubricating the screw threads with a very thin film of lithium grease brushed on helps get them tighter with less effort. PJ

Well, let me make a correction in my last post! I just tried to install the wire clamps a couple hrs ago and found out that they are so poorly made that all but a couple clamps will tighten up to were one wire is tight and the other wire is actually loose. I would never buy them again. I have no idea where Moss is getting these clamps, but they should look into the quality of the manufacturing process. I now have to look for wire clamps else ware that are better made. Some guys have reported that the wire clamps will leak if a sealer isn't used in the hose, this shouldn't have to happen. Now I'm pretty sure why they leak as only one wire on some of them is doing the job of two. PJ

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Thanks for the link Lynn! It appears they sell German made hose clamps along with other makes. Tells me they sell some quality parts. Good to know. PJ

Lynn Kirkpatrick

Jedi Hopeful
Glad to help. I had been looking for the flat "crimp" hose clamps for our other toy, the Knightrider replica (KITT! Where are you?). These guys had them. Anybody need 1" Crimp-style hose clamps. I needed 5, but had to buy 25, so I have a few extras. But the price was reasonable, all things considered.

Their tools are a bit pricey, though. They wanted $38 for the crimper, but I got one at Advanced Auto for $9.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Lynn Kirkpatrick said:
I needed 5, but had to buy 25, so I have a few extras. But the price was reasonable, all things considered.

That's the same situation with Jubilee. Being the manufacture, they only sell in bulk. I was surprised that I only had to buy ten at a time. Even though I only needed four, I sold four of the rest to a fellow in Florida and that leaves two extra in the drawer for spares. PJ