• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Stellar example of Customer Service

LastDeadLast

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Hello all,

I know sometimes it's easy to rant about vendors that don't do what we expect. Likewise, it's also easy to forget to call out the ones that do this thing called "customer service" extremely well.

One such vendor is Herman van den Akker at HVDA conversions (www.hvdaconversions.com).

I've purchased his hydraulic throw-out bearing and with every question that I've had, either through email or voice, Herman has been EXTREMELY responsive.

NFI, but if anyone has been on the fence with any of his products, so far everything seems to be first class.

I'm still in the middle of the installation and I'm "trying" very hard to photograph my progress to produce a writeup on the subject.

G

Herman and his wife drove his TR250 from California to Dallas for the VTR in July. At 72 years old (last year), Herman was spry and one of the nicest guys you could ever meet.

PATR8

Jedi Knight
I was going to write just such a column today. I had ordered some header gaskets from Woody, Wedge hero, and emailed him yesterday to ask the status and dropped a gripe about my pin that goes between the shifter and gear box. Apparently I was distracted by Pedro and forgot to tighten up the nut and the pin fell out. Jokingly I asked if he had a wedge tricks to get the pin in since I had spent 3 hours the day prior trying to get it in. At lunch today I got a call from him with a few suggestions to help. Got home and with his suggestion, and sadly only 5 minutes I had it altogether.

No sale involved, a long distance call, just helping another wedgehead. That is why I sing Woody's praise and help pay his condo payment.

Got_All_4

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Ya I gree he's a super guy. I met him at the TRF Summer Party in 1999 where he drove his TR250 all that way too. He is so committed to his prodject of trans conversions and the quality shows. Not suprised to hear that about him.

I had just purchased my TR250 and of course it was siginal red and was tired of seeing the color. I was planning on modifying my car and looking for a different sporty color. I fellin love with his color. A lighter version of Mac Truck blue. To make a long story short I painted mine the same color. I even call it Herman blue when people ask me what color it is.

Got_All_4

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I don't have a web site so it doesn't look like I can post a picture. I can e-mail you if you like. Or is there another way to achieve it?

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
TR6BILL said:
Herman and his wife drove his TR250 from California to Dallas for the VTR in July. At 72 years old (last year), Herman was spry and one of the nicest guys you could ever meet.

That was nothing!! -Herman and his wife drove to VTR 2007 from California to Valley Forge and back in their TR250!!! They got the long distance award! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/driving.gif

Herman does a great job on his conversions, so definitely use him!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/iagree.gif

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
TR3ATR250 said:
I don't have a web site so it doesn't look like I can post a picture. I can e-mail you if you like. Or is there another way to achieve it?
Click "Reply", then look for the "File Manager" link near the bottom (next to "Post Options"). That will let you post photos directly, if the size doesn't exceed 250kb.

Got_All_4

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Thanks Ron

Went to your link and could not get it to work. There was no OK to click on to upload so I tried the open button. No luck. I'm just no good at this computer stuff.

R

RonMacPherson

Interesting.
I pulled it from the Jaguar department. Go into the 150 brake servo thread and read down that. You'll find the instructions there.

You should just be able to doubleclick on the posted url.

KVH

Darth Vader
Country flag
TR250:

I sent you a PM. Take a look by logging in and clicking My Stuff above. I think you'll have fun. Take care.