• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Spitfire spitzilla: the 12a rotary spitfire

sisco

Freshman Member
Hey everyone, I have been lurking for a few weeks now and I decided to post some pictures and share my (very little) knolege with the forum whenever I can. I am in the process of a frame up restoration of a 1971 triumph spitfire with a rotary engine conversion, If you would like any specific pictures just ask.

The day i picked it up
IMG_4112.jpg

Nasty wiring and the rotary
forum.jpg

After i got a hold of it
parts.jpg

What i got done today
today.jpg

todayrear.jpg

kodanja

Obi Wan
Country flag
does it go "Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..."?

G

sisco said:
The day i picked it up

Nasty wiring and the rotary

After i got a hold of it

What i got done today

What I got done today! Today, you say. Man you work fast.

Nice car. Are you using a scatter shield over the flywheel on that high-revving baby??

OP
S

sisco

Freshman Member
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]What I got done today! Today, you say. Man you work fast.

Nice car. Are you using a scatter shield over the flywheel on that high-revving baby?? [/QUOTE]

Everything was all-ready painted I just started reinstalling the parts.

Yes I will get a scatter shield since the p.o. had to cut away alot of the tunnel to cram the transmition in, and in the future I plan to street port it and get an aluminum flywheel.

Hopefully today I can pick up a coil spring compressor and some wheel studs and button up the front, but in the rear I need u-joints and I will have to order them unless someone knows a place I might have local that would have them.

mailbox

Jedi Knight
Country flag
kodanja said:
does it go "Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..."?

No. It goes "Zoom Zoom Zoom"

YankeeTR

Luke Skywalker
Two years, while my son and I were goofing off in Florida prior to the Daytona 500, we attended the 1/8 mile drags at Lakeland, FL.

There was a young guy there with a Toyota Starlet that had a 3(?) rotor Wankel....running on a tube chassis that he built in high school shop class.

If I remember correctly, he ran in the high 4's on the 1/8th mile and he told me he was running low 9's on the 1/4 mile tracks.

Of course this thing was "bottle-fed" but was really fun to watch...