• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Spitfire Spitfire: Anyone delt with Spit Bits?

TR_JOE250

Country flag
I just picked up a 73 Spit recently (my fathers day gift to myself). It needs some work and parts. I have mainly delt with TRF in the past but have found that Spit Bits has the best price on a clutch kit which is one of the things this car needs. Has anyone out there had expierence with these folks?
Thanks, Joe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

jerrybny

Jedi Knight
Ihaven't dealt with them directy myself but I hear all good things from the people in here that use them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

TR_Jim

Jedi Trainee
I agree. Spitbits is great. I've dealt with them quite a bit over the last few years. Nigel (the owner) is very knowledgeable and always willing to help. He carries a good inventory and his prices are fair. One added plus...he deals with several salvage yards and 9 times out of 10 he can find no longer available parts, but he won't sell you junk. I highly recommend him

guzzul

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
As others on this post have noted, Spitbits seem very good to deal with. I have ordered from them and had parts delivered to Canada, no problems. They seem to generally have better pricing than TRF.

Darwin

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
I have had a few very nice interactions with Nigel. He is very knowlegable and willing to take the time to help you and answer your questions. He has some awesome specials but you have to search for them from his homepage. I would encourage you to take the time to get to know this man. He may just become a big part of your life if you decide to do a restoration. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rob_T

Joe,

Just like every other reply, you can't go wrong dealing with Nigel, he's very knowlegable and has high quality parts. When I had my 65 MKII, he always did a great job for me.

Cheers,
Rob

billspit

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I have dealt with both vendors. As all others have said, Nigel was friendly and I got my parts quickly. However, the two seals I got for the rear stub axles that were absolute cheap crap. I damaged both putting them in on opne side. I reordered them from THe Roadster Factory and got good quality seals (although they did short me by one seal). I'm not cracking on Spitbits, but the lower prices may be reflected in the quality of the part. If you order the clutch kit from Spitbits, be sure and find out who mfg the parts. QH clutches are not too good. And thats a job you don't want to do twice.