• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

sorry...

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
rant ahead...

So , I am "trying" to get my fuel system built for the ITB 6.

Patton plans his system for 3/8ths" supply line and 5/16" return.
After some careful research I find 3/8ths" is not needed and the smaller line will be just fine with the horse power we can get out of these motors.
The line I am planning on using is the new Nylon fuel line the makers are using on all the cars now.
The connectors are easy to find using air brake compression fitting.

My problem, they make and sell 5/16" air brake line but for some reason they don't make 5/16 tube compression fittings for that size.
I found and bought a compression fitting that I thought would work but when I got it home it doesn't have the sleeve for the hose to slide over.
AAARG!!

Still searching and trying to figure ways to use metal lines to the pump and regulator and then they sell connectors for that I just wanted as little connectors as possible.

OK, rant over for now

big6

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Fastenal or Graninger has the 5/16 comperssion fittings. I also found some at ACE Hardware...

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
I was going to suggest Fastenal. If the store doesn't have it, they can get it quickly for you.

OP
DNK

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
They are compression ,but do not have the sleeve.
I would think with a nylon hose the sleeve is pretty important.
And regard to the Eaton website. , unless I can't figure it out. It is worthless for finding products

davidk

Jedi Trainee
Don, not sure if this applies, but I'm using Patton's system. When I first tried to start it, I had issues with it running that were caused by the lines from the regulator to each injector (2) being too small. (I had used 1/4 inch lines rather than 5/16 as suggested). All that to say be sure you're supplying enough fuel.

OP
DNK

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I 'll have 5/16" running to a fuel rail with 35 lbs of pressure.
So I should be good
All the people I talk to say you should be able to get up to 500 horses out of 5/16

OP
DNK

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
This is what I am looking for
op.jpg

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P